We see each other only at weddings and funerals Part 3

17 Years Ago

The news reporter was announcing to the world a bank robbery that was happening outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth.

Inside the bank, the gang leader was on the walkie-talkie, talking about situations and things he didn't like. Young Allison walked up to the man and patted his shoulder, "I heard a rumor, that you shot your friend in the foot." And so the leader did and shot his co-worker in the foot.

The police outside tensed up at the nice of gunshots, and the reporters then spotted young Luther on the roof, as he broke into the bank ceiling taking out another robber, and sent him flying outside of the bank, through the main-central window.
"Guns are for sissies, real men throw knives," said young Diego, while throwing a knife and stabbing one of the other robbers in the chest, twice. The leader was now alone, but pointed a gun at the three young "Wonder Kids". Little did he know that and Five were left to play.
"Get back, you freak," said the leader of the robbery, standing on the main deck,
"Be careful there, buddy" said young Diego, with young Allison agreeing,
"Or what?" said Five, as he teleported, sitting down and looking back at the man from behind, the man tried shooting Five but he teleported away and next to young Allison. It was my turn. I teleported behind the man, and as he turned around he realized that he didn't have a gun, but instead he had a stapler.
"Ooh, that's one bada** stapler," I said teasing the man, then slamming it in his face, causing major damage to his forehead.

Lastly was Ben, he didn't want to use his powers, but there were more guys inside the vault. He walked inside, as we released everyone from the bank. We waited for ben outside of the vault and watched blood splattering in every window and dripping down. When Ben was done he stepped outside covered in blood.

After we all stepped out of the bank, Five being his usual self, loving the attention and the rest acting as heroic as ever, in fact, we posed as journalists took photos of us. Luther waved at the people while I leaned on Five's shoulder as we smiled. The sirens wailed, as Dad gave his speak of I have adopted these 7 young, gifted children, called The Umbrella Academy, and he naturally excluded Vanya.

Present-Day

The urn with Dad's ashes sat on the mini bar, while Klaus tried contacting him. he spoke and spoke and joked but nothing happened. He spent at least an hour trying. While he was trying to get a drink after having given up, he accidentally knocked over the urn, therefore, spilling the ashes onto the mini bar table.

Luther walked down the corridors that they used to play in as kids, and opened the last door, which was his bedroom. Allison was also in her bedroom, checking out the jewelry. Klaus was in the kitchen and was eating drugs, Diego was trying to relax and Vanya sat sadly on the steps of the house. Luther went through his old disks and put on a song in the player. He started vibing and soon after Allison hear the music. After a few minutes, everyone heard the song, they all got up and danced. Klaus with the urn, and Allison with a fluffy scarf. Vanya was vibing and Diego was doing weird fishing-related dance moves.

Thunder suddenly struck outside, with blue flashes of light coming from the windows, the music stopped and everyone looked outside startled, and all of the metal things were pulled towards the light. They all had the same idea of going out to check it out. They opened the doors to the back garden and saw a blue cloud-shaped mess, that was sending energy waves around it.
"All of you get behind me," said Luther,
"Yeah..." said Diego, "Get behind us."
"Out of the way!" Shouted Klaus as he was throwing a fire hydrant through the portal of blue energy. Then suddenly they saw an image of two people on the other side, an old man and an old woman, scraping out of the portal.

The wind was stronger than ever and the light was almost blinding, and as soon as I could say ouch I found myself falling onto the ground with a loud THUD. I looked over and saw Five with his face slammed onto the floor, groaning. Then I looked up and saw the thunder and portal fade. Me and Five got up and looked around at our siblings.
"Does anyone else see Five and Eight, or is that just me?" Klaus said. Five and me looked at our clothes and realized that we were little 13-year-olds again, I turned to look at Five and he turned to look at me.
"S***," He said
"You idiot!" I said.

Five slammed a chopping board on the table where everyone was, I stared at him. "What's the date," He said.
"The exact date," I specified,
"The 24th of March," Vanya said, me and Five turned to look at each other,
"Good," we both exclaimed.
"So are you going to talk about what happened?" Luther asked, Five was too concentrated on setting out, Allison and Klaus looked at each other, confused and annoyed. "It's been 17 years."

"It's been a lot longer than that," I said looking at Luther as I teleported past him to get the peanut butter, before handing it to Five. Did I like peanut butter? No.
"Where'd you two go?" asked Diego,
"The Future."
"It's s*** by the way," Five added.
"Called it," said Klaus raising his finger.
"We should have listened to the old man," Five called,
"You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice," I agreed, I looked at Klaus, "Nice dress."
"Oh, well, danke!" He answered.
"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya said.
"In the end, we had to project our consciousness forward," Five started,
"Into a suspended quantum state version of ourselves, that exists every possible instance of time," I continued and smiled.
"That doesn't make sense," Diego pointed.
"Well it would if you were smarter," Said Five, and with that, I chuckled, and Diego gave me a death look. Luther asked how long it took, and me and Five I both agreed that 45 years was fair, he remained shocked and realized that we were 58 years old. We also talked about Dolores. With that, me and Five me left. When I opened my wardrobe, I only saw uniforms.

When me and Five went into the living room, both with The Umbrella Academy uniform, we looked at our painting over the fireplace, and shortly after Vanya joined us.
"Nice to know, Dad didn't forget me," said Five,
"Us," I corrected, I was sitting on the sofa, crossing my arms, and smiled at Vanya, "Read your book, by the way, I found it in the library that was still standing. I thought it was pretty good," I mentioned, "All things considered."
"Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets," Five exclaimed. After that the conversation turned awkward, Ben had been mentioned.