Hope

My mother always had told me,
" You never forget the face of your first or last hope."
I never quite followed her on that theory, especially right now.
I heard screams, of pain or joy I wasn't sure, thundering also crashing sounds.
Where was I?
I remembered nothing apart from Mother's little quote, I didn't even remember her, for all I knew, I was dead.
I didn't remember any hopes or faces, maybe I really was dead?
I refused to question myself and finally opened my groggy eyes.
Like that helped, It was pitch dark but I felt the floor- or what I thought was the floor.
It felt like hay.
Weird.
I decided to stay alert and pray I would get some answers soon.
Soon enough all the sounds came to an end, Lights flickered and for a split second I could've sworn I saw a face staring right at me, like a predator stalking its pray.
Finally, the lights turned on properly and for the first time, I could actually see my own hands for more then a second.
I was in a large, open room, which resembled a hospital room, it smelled of old chemicals and rubber
A tall, old, wrinkled yet somehow beautiful woman walked up to me.
" Sorry for all this confusion, I'm Axiana."
I stared blankly at her face until I realised she wasn't going away and finally spoke up,
" Where the hell am I ?"
I looked down, turns out, I was on a hay filled mattress.
" You're in Evril, Sweetie"