Ali

" Which country are we in?", I questioned as I looked her straight in the eyes.
" Evril is underwater city, we built it here as the over world was flooded two hundred years ago, most of the human population drowned or lived on Islands like animals and the ones that didn't , well, they came to us , as Evril was already built since 2022."
I thought about what question I should ask as this might be the last opportunity.
A heavy door suddenly slammed open as if it was made of plastic and a young enough man, maybe 20 years old, came bursting through.
" Is she okay?" He asked with concern in his voice.
He was tall and his hair was blonde with hints of a walnut shade, his eyes were dark brown.
" Ali, this is your brother, Carton."
I didn't really focus on Carton, what got my attention was what she called me.
Ali
Was that my name?
" Of course she bloody remembers me! We're siblings for gods sake, Axiana!",
Carton practically screamed in Axiana's face.
" Am I Ali? ", I whispered.
Axiana looked over at Carton as if to say " I told you so".
Carton looked as if he was going to cry, I swore , I never saw someone look more devastated, even in my life before.
" Well Aliciax, but every one calls you Ali.", Carton mumbled then smiled at me.
" Can I get out? ", I asked.
Carton nodded while Axiana argued,
" Of course not! You must rest! ".
Carton grabbed my hand and I jumped out of bed suddenly as he was practically tearing my arm out, he let go and held the door as I jumped through, he quickly went through himself then shut the door close as Axiana only now stood up.
" Follow me! ", he yelled as he guided me through the maze of rooms and halls.
We ran for a few minutes and then suddenly stopped.
" Get in "
He was holding the door open to some kind of forgotten storage room with only a single lamp to light the entire room.
I went in and so did he as he quietly closed the door.
He laughed and then looked over at me.
" How's your first day, Ali ? " He said and smiled like some kind of Samoyed.
" Pretty crappy"
I looked over and decided to ask all my questions while I could.
" How old are we? " I say
" You're 14, I'm 18" he said and asked " Do you remember anything? "
I thought of mother's quote and lied,
" No "
He frowned as I continued to ask questions and then finally answered,
" So basically we were living on the overground on a large enough island for our whole lives, our parents drowned 2 days before we were rescued and you fell on your head on the submarine and forgot everything. " he told me with tears in his eyes .
So that was my story.