Chapter 11: The forest sphinx escaped

Calyx's Pov

I am busy reading a book about spells when a face flashed through my mind. It's that woman's face when she approached me and my cousin Aileen. She really look gorgeo-- i mean she still looks like a crazy woman to me.

Argh fine she looks a bit different Happy? Now stop appearing in my fvcking mind. I'm trying to read here. I stopped talking to myself when Walter entered with a furious face. My eyebrows furrowed.

" Y-your h-highness t-the forest spphinx --" I looked straight into his eyes when he mentioned forest sphinx.

" What happened?! " I said coldly

" T-t-the f-f-forest sphinx---- e-escapedddd " he uttered. Tch how did that demon escape? It can't get mpout of that prison unless someone released it.

The gate has the weakest barrier here in the palace and because we had an special prison here called eternal prison. This is no ordinary prison if you asked it has different types of torments in here based on the crime you committed and the forest sphinx is in the room where it absorbs your energy. You are totally powerless when entering that prison. He is been there for a thousand years so he probably in his weakest condition right now. I have to go at the gate as soon as possible.

" Walter tell the guards to do their jobs. They must not let anyone in or out of the palace even a single fly " I said then teleported into the gate.

I just arrived at the gate when I saw the forest sphinx. ' I knew it ' But I froze when I saw Czarina. She is holding a sword and about to stab the sphinx with her sword. I immediately run towards her when the sphinx jumps that makes Czarina out of balance and fall from the demons back then wags its long tail that hit Czarina in her stomach.

Gladly I caught her before falling from the ground. As I stepped on the ground uncle Lukas and his company rushed towards us.

" Czarina " they both said with a worried expression

" Ayus lng ako " she answered. I took a glance at her wound and its not that deep. I sighed in relief

" I'll take care of it. Stay here " I coldly said then went straight to the sphinx.

I released my power that causes my clothes to change with my ancient gold armor but before my sword appears the sphinx whipped it's tail towards me. I got hit but thanks to the golden armor I had no scratch but that also caused me to step back. I didn't know that he still possesses such a great power in his condition.

Something is not right here but I can't still find out what it is. Maybe it is because he is not at the eternal prison anymore that's why he got stronger after he escaped there. The sphinx looked at Czarina then he growls then walk towards her. I saw Czarina screams from pain while her hand is at her chest and Uncle and his friend seems to be fighting so they probably didn't notice that the sphinx is walking towards them so I let myself gather my energy to the sword that causes it to be on fire then threw it to the sphinx and bullseye it went straight into the brisket of the sphinx.

He groans in pain then starts to step back. I walked towards the sphinx when he growls angrily and loudly that causes me to cover my ears and didn't saw that the sphinx jumped at me then started to scratch and bit me. At the critical moment I saw the sword that I threw earlier to I manage to grab it but the claw of the sphinx is too sharp that it went through my armor. After a second of struggling I finally got to hold the sword then I immediately pulled it out then used it as a shield when the sphinx is about to stomp me.