Redemption

Lux sighed. Jarvan was a terrible man. She missed Ezreal. He should’ve been back weeks ago. She didn’t know what happened to him. He wasn’t answering his phone.

It hurt her so much to break up with Ezreal. She missed everything about him. His sheepish smile, messy blond hair, vibrant eyes. She would do anything to tell him she was sorry.

Jarvan was enraged at Garen for letting Lux love the Prodigal Explorer. He threatened to remove Garen from his high ranking position in the army. Garen had no choice but to force her to leave Ezreal.                                     

Luxanna? Jarvan asked.

Mmmm.

I need to talk to you. Do you really not want me? I want you to know that I’m trying my best. Do you really not want me?

Lux, shocked by what he said, hesitated.

Lux?

Jarvan, it’s not like that. I just… don’t think you are the right person for me.

Is that what you wanted to tell me. Is this why you have been with Ezreal even though you knew I wanted you?

Lux was silent. She could see water starting to condense in his eyes. Jarvan quickly shook his head. He straightened. In a formal tone, he said, If that is how you feel, then leave. I will not hold you captive.

Jarvan, I didn’t mean to-

Leave.

Jarvan-

Please go away. I don’t want to see you again and Lux had no choice but to obey.

Now free from Jarvan, Lux’s mind was completely focused on Ezreal. She missed him. It was like there was a hole inside of her, and the hole needed to find love again. Well, better pack my bags.

M’lady, you have a visitor, Ashe’s housekeeper informed. She opened the door to find the Lady of Luminosity on her doorstep.

Is Ezreal there? she asked.

No. Why do you care?

That is none of your business.

I think it is.

I’m his girlfriend. At this, Ashe suddenly was filled with rage.

Girlfriend? You broke up two months ago! You are in no position to say that.

I’ve come to fix my past actions.

What makes you think he’ll forgive you?

He loves me.

He loved you.

But I think I can make him love me again.

His love is directed towards someone else now.

You? You actually think he loves you? You’re just a replacement. I know he was devastated when I broke up with him. He needed someone else. Now that I’m here, I’m sure that he won’t love you any longer.

He wouldn’t… he.. he wouldn’t do that. But the doubts were already planted.

Lux knew there was no reason to stay any longer.  Bye Ashe, enjoy your night with Ezreal. It will be your last.

Ezreal.

Mmhmm

You love me, right?

What kind of question is that? Of course I do.

More than anyone else? Ezreal’s thoughts went to Lux, but he pushed that aside. She didn’t love him anymore.

Totally. Ashe smiled and hugged him. Ezreal returned it and they went to sleep, each feeling the other’s warmth.

The forest was where Ezreal felt at home. He loved to explore its mysterious paths. Usually he went alone but he felt even better when Ashe came with him. He was headed there when he saw her.

Hi Ez! She smiled but he didn’t return it. He looked at her coldly.

I’m am not going to be affiliated with you. He turned around and started to walk away.

Wait! Ez, I can explain.

Im waiting. And Lux began the story that kept her away from the one she loved.

Is that really what happened?

Why would I lie? All contempt left Ezreal’s face. He smiled. It felt as if he could finally be truly happy again. Suddenly, he remembered what he had said last night. The pressure crushed him once again. He realized that sooner or later, he would have to make a choice and the biggest thing that bothered him was the fact that he couldn’t please them both