Dancing flames

TW- SIGNS OF ABUSE -SMUT AT THE END

Rekka let out a breath she had been holding.

"I had to find you." she responded lowly

"You shouldn't be here" he scoffed, "You should be protecting our son."

"I am exactly where I should be," she said quietly, "by your side."

Touya tensed and turned around, "This is not something you can just waltz in and fix"

"I'm not trying to fix-" Touya cut her off

"I told you this was something that I needed to do! I can't believe you would fucking come here. You're putting yourself in danger. You're putting Ash in danger by being here." He growled, "you stupid awful woman"

Rekka's resolve was quickly deteriorating. She clenched her hands against her knees and shook. She had been prepared for her Husband's anger, she knew that he would react this way. She couldn't stop herself from shaking. Tears pricked her eyes. 'You stupid awful woman'

He didn't get angry much, but when he did there was hell to pay. Even when they fought in the past he would storm out then return later with her favorite flowers or her favorite food as repentance. Rekka rarely kept a grudge and when she was angry resorted to a silent treatment until she calmed down. They both had their faults, but came back together because they were meant to.

Touya's breath hitched as he looked at his wife. This time, he really looked at her. She had her fists clenched, her jaw tight and she was shaking. Her eyes were screwed shut and her face was to the ground. In a brief moment, he saw his cowering mother instead of his wife. For someone who hates their father, you're really starting to become just like him. His strong, poised, beautiful wife who was always put together, she was finally starting to break. Years of stress and agitation that she had kept inside had started to bubble up. She was thinner than before. Her skin didn't have that familiar glow to it. Her hair was a pale blue and in a single braid down her back. She looked fragile, like any moment she would crumble. This was his doing. He took a strong woman, who fought for him, no questions asked and crushed her under the weight of his actions. He left her to deal with a son who was struggling to understand his family and his quirk, along with his own bullshit that he had put upon her. He felt his anger melt away and despair filled him. She doesn't deserve this.

He slowly walked towards her and knelt between her knees. He softly put his hands over her clenched fists.

"Princess?" he cooed quietly,

She opened her eyes and they were filled with fear and pain. Her strength was quickly dwindling and she had streaks of tears running down her face. She wouldn't stop shaking.

I never wanted her to look at me this way. I'm such a monster.

Touya felt a lump in his throat, "Princess talk to me please?"

Rekka let out a shaky breath, "I'm okay"

Touya felt a splitting pain in his chest, "No you're not princess."

He rested his head on her thigh and gently put her hand on his head.

She instantly tangled her fingers in his hair, gently pulling at the roots. Touya tried to activate his quirk so she could be warm, but small wisps of fire danced along his back.

Rekka laughed softly and slipped down from the bed and sat on the floor similar to Touya. She scooted closer and hesitantly wrapped her arms around his neck and shoulders, her body still vibrating in anguish.