𝐜𝐡. 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

━✦━

━✦━

「"𝐁𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭."」

- ꜰᴡ

━✦━

𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 back and forth in his room, gripping at the sheet of paper filled with his notes. His rising anxiety levels serving as a primary reason why he wished he had never opened his mouth in the first place to start the pettiest of fights.

Prior to their argument earlier that week, Norman had prepared notes on how he had originally planned to reveal his definite feelings to her. After all, he was certain he wanted to be by Emma's side, be the hand she holds when she's excited, be the shoulder she cries on when she's down. He knew it was selfish of him, but if there were one thing he wanted more than life itself, it would be to have Emma around him forever.

That was before he went and screwed up any remote chance of being with her.

He reread his notes, scanning the lines for any minor flaw, making corrections as he went along. The paper had previously possessed tips to aid him in his confession but had now turned into him planning his verbal apology to her. He didn't want to fail. Not this time. He was not about to mess things up yet again.

His thought process and rhythmic pacing were interrupted by several solid knocks sounding from his bedroom door.

"Yes? I'm busy-"

His words were cut off by no other than Ray opening the door, leaning himself against the doorframe.

Norman gulped and waited for Ray to speak. He didn't know what Ray so desperately needed from him, but he surely could make a few guesses as to why he was there. Norman watched Ray stare back at him, and it was then that Norman decided he really didn't like the look in Ray's eyes. He always knew Ray was up to something when his eyes gleamed with a little too much interest in particular matters. It was a look that exposed any and all ulterior plans that he was attempting to keep to himself.

"So, how's it going?" Ray began, drawing out the vowels as he spoke.

"Ray, what did you need? I'm kind of in the middle of something right now." Norman huffed, folding the paper in fours.

"What? Can't I just visit my best friend and wonder how they're doing?" Ray puffed out his cheeks in mockery. Norman was definitely not amused by this.

Norman frowned and stared at the latter, "No, you can't, because I know you don't care."

"You're right. I don't." Ray quickly responded, exhaling deeply as he dropped his poorly established façade. He inspected his nails and picked at the navy polish that had begun to chip. "So glad that's over."