III

George

"All set?"

"Cayden, check the surroundings."

"We will miss you, George."

"Hand me the luggage!"

"Clarkson, you will not bring the cat there. You planned on hiding something from me?"

"I'm sorry, Aunt Liz. George wanted the cat."

I am standing in the center of the house. My gaze roams around the living room, where the werewolf siblings rush. In the kitchen, Aunt Liz cooks. Beside me is Shane, hugging me by my waist as she cries. Andrew and Jeremy pack tons of extra food on the couch. Everyone is in a hurry. Everyone is in a rush after hearing the alarming news. In the middle of this chaos, my mind only focuses on one thing.

Him.

"Jared escaped, and the vampires are looking for him."

He's alive.

My heart skips a beat with the thought of his ethereal features. The thought of him being alive gives me hope but at the same time opens the trauma of that night. Sharp pain in my head hits. I let go of Shane and hold my temple.

Vampires.

They're back.

"She is the Alpha!"

"George!"

"Oh my god!"

"Get some water!"

A warm hug envelops my frame. I didn't realize I was shaking. The fear that I felt that night came back into my mind. My knees weakened, which made me collapse. Thankfully, a strong pair of arms tightened the grip on my waist. His fingers brush my hair.

"It's alright. We're here," Andrew whispers.

"T-They're here," I whisper in realization. "They're back."

"Ssshhh... It's alright. We'll protect you. The werewolves will protect you." He rests his chin on top of my head while I bury my face in his broad chest.

"Here, here, water," Shane rushes out of the kitchen.

"What happened?" Aunt Liz walks towards us while removing her apron. She cups my face and rubs her thumb on my cheeks.