chapter four | the price you pay

a/n : enjoy!

highly recommend playing song above for a more sensual experience.

Warnings: Strong Language Mild Violence

Warnings:
Strong Language
Mild Violence

________________

Amara had woken up suddenly, her eyes fluttered as she forced them open- everything was blurry. For a second, just a split second, she had no idea who or where she was. She especially didn't know how she got in this bed or how she got in these clothes consisting of just an oversized T-shirt and thin, loose pants. Then, everything processed. She wasn't home. She slowly sat up. All her thoughts were in high definition. Her eyes had taken in every ray of light that had danced across the room through the gaps between the blinds coming from the city in the far distance and without a doubt, she knew she had been unconscious for quite a while, the night sky being proof of this and because the last thing she remembered was hitting her head.

The grenade.

The large fires it produced.

And that man.

Reflexively- she brought her hair around her shoulders, smelling the ends; Levi's scent lingered like a ghostly kiss. She was questioning if everything that had happen today was a long dream, or just harsh reality. Her heart was pounding insanely fast in her chest, mind empty. It was like a rush of adrenaline had been emptied into her heart.

So many different thoughts were racing through her mind. She suddenly felt a sharp pain protruding through her head causing her to wince in agony. Her head was throbbing. The pain felt like someone had taken a knife to her skull. Amara's head leant back against the wood headboard, not necessarily caring where she was at the moment. Squeezing her eyes shut, she just wished the pain would go away. The rest of the world immediately became detached, all she could seem to concentrate on was the pain her head produced. She didn't hear when the door creaked open; the same tall woman from before walking into the room and sitting on the very edge of the bed with a glass of water in her hand; blood lightly stained the bandages that loosely wrapped around her right arm. She had been injured as well but nowhere as near as bad as Amara. Amara had several first degree burns along her back as well as two bruised ribs. and a sprained wrist. Whereas Hange only received a couple scrapes on her arms.

"Good. You're finally awake." She stated, smiling awkwardly; a sense of relief washing over her.

"You've been out for 8 hours, and you've been the most difficult to treat yet. Your body is stubborn, you know that?" She chuckles softly to herself.