I. Dad

Riding a plane home isn't always fun, especially when your alone. I never liked plane rides, and I probably never will. I guess you can say the only thing I like about them is looking out the window and breathing in the beautiful sight set before you. Sometimes you can see the fluffy clouds and the rays of sunshine that radiates the sky. Or maybe if you're lucky, at night you can see the bright stars shining and the opalescent moon floating up in the dark skies.

Sometimes I feel like the Disney princess Jasmine, where she and Aladdin soars up to the sky on their magic carpet, traveling to places and going through clouds. But then again, this is no Disney movie or a fairytale.

I'm not like most people who are riding the plane back home to see their family for the New Years. I'm coming home to see my father and possibly staying with him for the next months, until I get a job maybe. It's been over 3 years since I last saw him and I miss him so much. My dad and I were so close and I was able to tell him everything and anything without getting judged. But on the other hand, he would have endless arguments with my mother and it was so obvious that thing weren't working out. Unfortunately, the time came where they divorced and my dad was ripped away from me...literally.

Soon, I came to know that he moved across the country to New York.

At the same time, I despised my father. He would only call me once every two months, or so, and on my birthdays. Sometimes I would think to myself, does my dad still love me? Does he think of me just like I think of him? Dad, when will you come home?

At some points, I'd have the urge to ask my mother about my dad. But I know she would only brush me off and tell me that my father was a bad person and such. She would name all the bad things he has done to her like cheating and lying. But that wasn't my dad. I know deep inside that my father would never do that.

As I boarded the plane, I noticed that the majority of the passengers were either families or the elderly. I didn't catch anyone who seemed to be my age. I soon found my seat and was happy to find that I sit next to the window. Luckily, there were only two seats so if I had to use the restroom, I would only have to go over one person. Immediately, I shoved my suitcase inside the compartment on top of the seats, only almost letting it fall.

I pushed as hard as I could and struggled each time. I muttered to myself, "Shit."

Then I felt a hand rest on my shoulders and turned to see it was a emerald green eyed boy about my age with long curly hair. His lips were perfectly shaped and plump and he had a strong jawline.

"Need a hand?" the man offers. I nod. "Go take a seat, I'll take care of it."

I carefully moved to my seat, and turned my head away from the boy since I felt shy. He was drop dead gorgeous. I couldn't help but think about how handsome he looked and the way he talked.

I couldn't help it. My imaginations didn't last long, for I felt his presence sitting next to me.

"That was a tough one," he smirked. "I'm Harry, by the way," he said, letting out a hand for me to shake.

Instead of saying something back, all I did was shake his hand.

"Do you know how to talk?" he asks, "Because I would really like to know who this beautiful person is."

I felt a smile form and warm colors of pink and red, rising up to my cheeks. "I'm Vanessa," I introduce.

"Pretty name you got there.. pretty name for a pretty girl. Makes sense." He smiles, sinking into his seat.

Oh boy...this is going to be a long plane ride.