III. Family

On the way home, Dad and Luna asked some questions so that they'd catch up. What made me happy was that my dad seemed pretty happy. He had his fingers intertwined with Luna's right hand, it was adorable. I was so happy to be here with my father, and I was glad that I'm no where near my mother. I've been through too much with her and it was time that I'd leave.

But I couldn't help but think, when did dad get married? How long has Dad and Luna been together? These thoughts ran through my head, but I knew it was best to keep these questions to myself since I didn't want to ruin our conversation.

On the other hand, I also thought about Harry. God dammit. I just met him and I'm now thinking about him? Stupid. Agh.

But he was a cool person. He was something else. He was not like most boys who prefered to be popular, he actually liked school and music was his forte. Too bad, I'm probably never going to see him.

------
When we arrive home, I opened the door and stepped out to a beautiful front yard. The grass had a rich green, the leafs of the palm trees swayed along with the rhythm of the wind, the flowers added colors of pinks, purples and yellows to the scenery, and the birds chirped softly. This place was beautiful. I then look up to the building, which is now my new home, and was amazed by how big it is.

"Come in Vanessa," my father insisted. I followed him inside and the whole house was decorated with balloons and banner hanged along the balcony saying Welcome Home Vanessa! I smiled to myself as I read those words.

"Honey," Luna says, "We have some people here that we would like you to meet." She holds my hand, leading me through the big house.

And before me was a little boy who looked to be about 2 years old. Realization hit me and I knew it was my fathers' son. My half brother.

"Hey there buddie!" I cooed.

"This is Leo," my father says.

I turned to look at Leo and noticed that the two of us both have the same features. Dark brown eyes, dark hair and we both even have the same nose as dad. "Hi Leo! I'm Vanessa, you're big sister."

Leo locked eyes with me and giggled a bit. He was adorable. When I was about 11, I remember asking my mother on multiple occasions if we can have another baby. I told her that I'd be a good sister to it, and that no matter what, I would love it with all my heart. Sadly, each time I'd ask her, I'd either get yelled at for bringing up the topic or maybe even grounded for a week..sometimes, I'd get both.

I don't know why she'd make a big deal about it honestly. I was just hoping for some company since she herself was not always at home all the time. Then it came to the point where it was useless and I knew for a fact that I would never be a big sister. Until now.