You Really Got a Hold on Me

Might or might not have just watched Season 14 Episode 13 of Grey's Anatomy and I realized that Meredith Grey and Andy Herrera could be a real power couple.  Before you complain I know I ship Meredith with LITERALLY EVERYONE but guess what? IDC. If your not interested in the ship simply don't read it. Easy as that. Anyway on with the story:)

Meredith Grey was paged to the ER Bay 911. "What do we got, Warren?" She asked as Ben pushed the doors of the rig open.

"14-year old male, blunt abdominal trauma and a penetrating injury in his upper thigh. Bleeding from a scalp lac. I pulled him and his brother out of a house fire. Chemistry experiment gone wrong." He explained as they rolled the patient out of the ambulance.

Rushing over to the patient she was stopped with a hand "You and Kepner need to meet the other rig. His brother got thrown by the blast. He was bleeding from the abdomen, and, well, one of our team, she just shoved her hand in there."

Meredith couldn't help but chuckle. Of course, they would do that. Hell, that's what she did. She ran to the incoming ambulance. "Schmitt, Helm, with me come on."

"Uh, a 10-year-old male with a penetrating-"

"Why is your hand inside him?" Schmitt cut off the woman who was holding the body cavity.

"Because he was bleeding a lot.-" She began to explain.

"Take it out of him!" He protested.

"You look 12. Can you find a grown-up to tell me that?" The woman bites back.

"Do not move your hand!" Meredith yells to the woman.

"See that? Grown-ups.-"

"Nobody move," Meredith said climbing into the rig with her. "Can you feel a pulse?"

"Yeah" She shakes her head.

"Okay good, what do you think she's got in her hands, Schmitt?" She asked the intern.

"His abdominal aorta?" He says with uncertainty.

"Yep" She shook her head.

"Don't take your hand out!" He said after he realized what was happening.

"No duh" The woman muttered.

Meredith chuckled.

"What's your name?" Kepner asked.

"Herrera. Andy Herrera." The woman introduced herself.

"Okay Herrera, we are going to have to hurry up and get him to the OR. And I'm sure your very clear about this, but you can not move your hand." Meredith explained.

"Can you hold pressure while we bring the gurney down?" April asked.

"My hand, arm, and shoulder are already numb, but... I'm going with yes." Herrera said.

Xx

They were walking the halls as safely as possible. Trying to keep from causing an abruption.

"You know this is reminding me of the time I had my hand on a bomb in a body cavity." Meredith chuckled.

"How'd that happen?" Andy asked.

"My intern year. An EMT, Hannah, I think her name was. Had put her arm in a body cavity. Just like you, actually. But it was her first week."Meredith explained.

"Damn" Herrera sighed.

"You haven't even gotten to the good part." She chuckled.

Herrera raised her eyebrows.