3rd love: Soulmate love

After the break-up, Siyeon finished her studies and moved from Incheon to Seoul to find herself a proper job. She had enough money saved to get herself a nice place to stay, but the money wouldn't last forever. She wasn't in a rush either though. Her heart still ached from time to time, especially when her room fell silent. She imagined how Bora would scream on top of her lungs, running around. It brought a soft smile to Siyeon's lips, but also tears into her eyes. After some time, she managed to push Bora out of her heart as only memories remained. Her heart, however, became more guarded, a bit detesting towards love. Siyeon was scared of not finding anyone new. Not loving again. Not being able to feel the warmth in her chest. But she was also scared of getting hurt once again. So she just shoved the thoughts of love into the deepest parts of the heart where they just hoped for light to outshine the dark and for the warmth to chase the cold away. 

Once she found a job, she fully focused on it, declining her co-workers that asked her out on a date. It wasn't that they weren't beautiful enough, more like not interesting enough for Siyeon. She didn't want to fall in love again, but if she was about to, she trusted her heart. She trusted that she would get the same feelings as before. None of these people gave her that feeling so she rejected them. Some were more understanding than others, but she wouldn't let that bother her. She set her job as her priority and that was enough for her. She made a friend at work though. Her name was Yubin. They hung out after work, soon becoming close friends as they shared similar interests. Siyeon felt great around Yubin. She had never judged her and always supported her. It was wonderful to have someone like that. Eventually, Siyeon confessed about her previous relationships and Yubin listened carefully. Siyeon admitted she was scared to love again while Yubin comforted her that her heart would get broken many times during her lifetime and it was natural. She just had to shake it off and keep living. 

"Your true love might be closer than you think. Might come unexpectedly." Yubin once told her. So Siyeon believed that. She stopped chasing, looking, expecting. She stopped hurting and being scared. She put her life in the arms of fate while she did what she could.

"May I sit with you for a while?" a female voice asked, catching Siyeon's attention.

Siyeon looked up from her laptop where she was currently writing some documents for her work. She looked around the cafe, noticing that it was completely full. Then, she focused her attention on the woman standing in front of her. She was smiling a bit shyly, but brightly. Siyeon couldn't help but mirror that smile and nod.

"Of course."

The woman thanked her and sat down, pulling out her laptop and placing it on the table. Siyeon looked at her few more times as she found the woman incredibly endearing, but she didn't want to disturb her from working so she focused on her own work. They spent some time quietly typing words into their laptops before the raven-haired woman looked up, closing her own laptop.

"I'm going to get myself some coffee. Want some too?" she asked as she noticed that Siyeon had finished her coffee a long time ago. Siyeon pulled out from her thoughts, looked up as well and smiled. "That'd be nice."

Without any other words, the woman stood up and went to get their drinks. Siyeon watched her the whole time, subconsciously putting the laptop away and waiting for her to return. Once she did, she gave Siyeon her coffee and sat back down.

"Thank you." Siyeon took the cup into her own hand and took a sip. "No problem. I figured we both could use a break." 

"Definitely." Siyeon chuckled as she appreciated the honesty.