Prologue

The day that my little sister, Jasmin was born was probably the best day of my life and could have most possibly been the last.

My Mum was 2 weeks overdue with Jasmin. Her water had already broken and she wasn't going into labor. She wasn't concerned because she said something like this happened with me except she went into labour after 3 hours. Jasmin, however wasn't popping out anytime soon. After 2 days my Dad started to become agitated and flustered. He wouldn't speak to anybody and lived on the computer trying to find remedies and ways to go into labor. The longer the wait the more frantic he became. He tried everything to make her go into labor. None of it was working though, he made her eat Mexican food, do long walks on the treadmill, have warm baths and soothing massages were only a few of these. Her poor overbearing body couldn't handle the strenuous activities. When none of them were working he started panicking, wondering what would happen to the baby.

It was killing him to see this, so dad took mum to the hospital the next morning. I was so eager to go so I could see Jasmin but they refused to let me come. I didn't argue but I told them to text me updates and when Jasmin was born I'd drive there. My heart leapt as they left the house and I never wanted to see my future little sister so bad. I flopped down on the couch and sighed a satisfying sigh.

After what seemed like forever, my parents decided that inducing my mum into labor was the best option. At 10:18 I received a message from my Dad to say that the contractions had begun and that the baby wasn't far off now. I was beaming from ear to ear and punching the air, anticipating Jasmin's arrival. Her beautiful features, Mums long thick eyelashes and deep blue eyes, Dads button nose and long legs. God, I just couldn't wait...