♥14

🌑🌓🌕

"There has been no sighting of Sasuke?" Fugaku questioned Hinata, leaning much too close to her for her liking.

She sighed and shook her head. "He has left town, as I told you yesterday. When I was to be introduced to him by our mutual friend he left to go to a town called Amegakure."

Mikoto flicked her tail around the ground nervously while her husband questioned the poor girl. Hiashi also seemed to be getting restless.

"How odd, just a couple weeks ago I sensed his magic in the water and sent Neji to look for him." Hiashi said. He always is able to use his special ability without needing to focus on it. It's just become a second nature to him now.

Hinata remembered going into the ocean that evening despite Naruto protesting. He was so worried for her and waiting at the portal for two hours since she said she wasn't staying long, would come up with an excuse to come back as soon as she could.

Of course they asked a million questions but Hinata just acted surprised and confused when they asked her about Sasuke's presence. Then her and Sasuke came to the brilliant plan of telling their families he skipped town. Whether or not he would come back was what they were still wondering.

"I do not know what to tell you," Hinata said with a pout on her lips. "I could not get close to him despite having made connections and now he is in an unknown town."

Fugaku and Mikoto both sighed but Mikoto looked more depressed that disappointed. It was obvious she wanted to at least see her youngest son.

Hiashi sat down at his desk, his tail swaying underneath him. There were three weeks left until Hinata's birthday but if Sasuke had left town, then what was the point of her continously going?

"Then," her father spoke out. "Should we just begin the wedding preparations for Hinata and Toneri?"

🌑🌓🌕

Toneri had such pure and beautiful magic. He could create waves and tidals just as the moon could which Hinata thought was just so beautiful. The two of them had swam farther away from their colony so he could practice his magic without putting the village at risk.

"So you haven't found him?" The white haired male asked. His eyes were a brilliant teal, especially glowing in the darkness of the sea. "Does that mean..."

Hinata chewed the inside of her lip. "Can I trust you, Toneri?" She looked up from the coral she was playing with and met his gaze. "Genuinely, wholeheartedly trust you?"

The male was taken aback but quickly regained his posture. "Of course."

The bluenette let out a deep breath and focused her magic on her palms. She had been getting stronger since her maturity was just a few weeks away now. And, Hinata may have gotten her special ability earlier.

She reached her palm out and motioned for Toneri to grab her hand. Once he did he immediately pulled away.

"Hinata... your hand is..."

In the center of her palm was a small blue flame.

"Toneri, I don't wish to marry you or Sasuke. I do not wish to marry anyone right now." She said clearly. "This is more than likely my special ability or at least part of it. I need your help to go back on land."

Her father had told her there was no point in going back since Sasuke had no chance of being located. She had been in the ocean for a week, no doubt causing Naruto and the others to worry.