10

Was she really mine now?

It was hard to wrap my finger around.

She traced my palm as we laid in bed. "I plan on moving you know. " She said, looking at me. "But, I want you to come with me. "

"Where to? "

I glanced at her. She sat up tucking a strand of hair being her ear. "I don't know where " she said, looking at me. "Move in with me. " I grabbed her hand. "You need a new job. I don't want Trevor coming on to you. "

"do you know how hard it was to get that job. I can't just quit. "

She kissed my lips. "Than I'll be there. Everyday to watch over you. "

I smiled grabbing her hand. She glanced at my phone as it ping from a text message. I sat up grabbing my phone from the bed side table. "It's Trevor. " She grabbed my phone from me reading it. "He just doesn't know when to quit. " She sighed looked at me. "Call him, put it on speaker. "

She handed me my phone back. "I don't want to call him. "

She looked at me. "do you want me to do it? "

"I honestly don't care. "

"Well it doesn't seem that way, Veronica."

She looked at me. She bit her lip, holding back her words.

"So, you're not going to say anything? "
She shook her head.

"He's not my problem. He doesn't owe me anything. I'm with you, and you're with me. I know you want me and not him. "

She grabbed my hand, looking into my eyes. "You know I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not like Trevor "
She smiled. " I know you're nothing like him. And I can see why you liked him so much. You hardly know him, but he's manipulative and controlling and honestly I don't know why I was with him for so long. "

I kissed her cheek. "Because you were blinded by love. Our loved ones hurt us the most but not intentionally. "