iv.

-

"chrissy?" harry called, gently shaking the sleeping girl's tiny frame, whose head was nicely fitted into the crook of harry's neck.

how did this happen, he wondered to himself.

he shook her again, but chrissy didn't even budge. she just snored softly. at least, to harry, that was considered snoring.

harry smiled at that, at her. she looked so serene, so calm that harry couldn't help admiring her while her eyes were closed, her lips slightly parted and a few strands of her brown hair hiding almost one side of her face. she was beautiful.

"damn you, you adorable little shit," he muttered under his breath.

who cares if this was creepy, right? no one was up here with them. this moment, with her, was entirely his, and he wanted nothing more for time to stop ticking at that specific second, so he could stare at her pretty little face a little longer.

"i'm going to tell you a secret," he whispered to her, his eyes studying her face, still. "i actually wanted to go to australia, y'know. yeah, no one forced me to. it was my decision. besides, i have to attend my friend's brother's wedding."

harry checked to see if chrissy was listening, but she was sound asleep, her breathing even, her chest falling and rising at the same pace it did before. there were no signs that showed she was pretending to sleep. harry smiled, again, and before he could stop himself, his fingers decided to not make sense and went to touch her cheeks, tracing her cheekbone down to her chin.

chrissy stirred a little- which made harry hastily pulled his hand away from her face, his eyes widened and his breath was caught up in his throat- but she remained asleep, a little sigh escaping her pink lips.

harry sighed in relief, confused as to why he was reacting this way towards a stranger.

"here's another secret, chrissy," he bit his lip, not quite sure whether telling her this piece of information was a good idea to start with. "that whole asshole thing i did earlier? that was a façade. it was a cover up. a part of the harry styles starter pack. i hope you didn't take me too seriously."

"a lot of people hate me for that. but i'm pretty sure you know that. i'm not being vain or anything but i'm a hundred percent sure you've cringed at the mention of my name because of how f.ucked up i've been lately," harry continued, his voice no longer a whisper now. he pretended chrissy was listening, but he knew she was off somewhere, dreaming. "this world works in a weird way, y'know? most of the time, to me, it's almost unfair, cruel even. i chased my dream and for a moment i thought i was living mine. and i did, chrissy. i really did. i lived the most of it. until they decided i was too nice. too innocent. they told me people want something different, something that wasn't me. can you imagine that?"

harry stole a glance at chrissy once more, making sure she was still sleeping.

"enough of that nonsensical truth, for now. you're actually a pretty good listener, stranger," he chuckled, tucking a strand of chrissy's hair behind her ear. "the next secret's nicer. i promise. are you ready to hear this one?"

harry planted a kiss on her forehead, god knows why. it was a spur of the moment kind of thing, and he just went with it. she was unconscious, anyway, and she smelled so goddamn nice, so irresistible.

f.uck, chrissy, harry thought.

"you're lovely, you know that?" he asked her. "i wish you were awake right now, so you could see how serious i am. i can show you how serious i am right now. i've never smiled so much, not even before i was this walking messy contradiction. and you," he poked her cheek, "you've made me smile too many times today, my jaws are killing me."

"can i keep you?" his voice was once again lowered to a whisper. "you're lovely, and i'm being a total creep it's almost pathetic. wake up, stranger. fall for me."

"only if you promise to catch me."

harry's eyes widened and as if on cue, his cheeks started to redden. he scratched his head, a habit of his that he did whenever he was nervous. chrissy was grinning up at him, her tired eyes held a little mischief in them.

"i-" harry started, but his words failed him and they came out all jumbled up and weird. "i- sorry- didn't mean to interrupt- sleeping- i- i was just bored."

"i'm sure you were," chrissy giggled.

harry sighed and covered his tomato-red face with both hands.

"s.hit," was all he could muster.

-

aw harry

filler chapter that hAD to be done

sorry this was short and way too late

but who's even reading

if you are reading this, thank ü