ii.

-

chrissy slammed the taxi door shut, thanking the driver for driving her to LAX on time despite the congested roads. she handed him a few bills after he took her one and only luggage out of the trunk and nodded politely at him before running off towards the doors, hastily making her way into the airport. as soon as she was through the door, she had to dodge a few tall figures who were walking from the opposite direction, all covered up from head to toe, as if avoiding being seen. one of them, who was anxiously looking back instead of eyeing front like normal people would do, bumped straight into her, making her stumble back.

"watch it!" the tall, hooded figure hissed vehemently, harshly pushing her out of his way before stalking off god-knows-where in a huff.

"rude," chrissy muttered under her breath, completely oblivious to the fact that two boys were staring at her in amusement.

"sorry about him, he's in one of his moods."

chrissy, who was about to forget that incident ever happened and head over to the bag drop-off counter, turned around with a frown plastered on her face, her brows furrowed. she opened her mouth to speak, one hand on her hip.

"who are y-- oh."

chrissy couldn't muster the ability to finish that question of hers as her eyes met those of niall horan's. he was looking at her in complete awe, his grin somewhat lopsided and hands crossed, hair blonde as ever. he let out a throaty chuckle when chrissy slipped a curse word off her lips, looking around to make sure no one was looking their way to bear witness to this encounter. behind him, zayn malik was staring at her curiously, wearing an expression almost similar to niall's, only his was a little bit subtle.

"what are you doing here?" chrissy whispered rather harshly, internally congratulating herself for sounding as if she had known the boys forever, as if they were already friends. "what if somebody sees you?"

"why are you whispering?" zayn whispered back, his tone laced with both mockery and a sprinkle of confusion.

niall chuckled and leaned towards his friend, muttering inaudible words to him. zayn, locking eyes with chrissy, nodded and asked,

"you know who we are then?" his voice was cautious, and he didn't sound vain at all, the very opposite of what chrissy had always expected superstars would sound like.

"everyone does," chrissy shrugged. "so i'm guessing that rude boy just now is the notorious mister harry styles?"

"do you fancy him, then?" niall questioned in a thick irish accent. "he's not notorious, he's just complicated," he added defensively.

"niall," zayn gave what seemed like a warning glance at his friend. "she's just been pushed over by haz, do you really think she cares?"

"sorry," mumbled niall, scratching his head. "sorry about harold, miss. he's-- "

"pissed off at the world," zayn interjects quietly.

chrissy scrutinized the boybanders standing before her eyes and a rush of sympathy engulfed her. she had never seen two people sadder than they were at that moment.

-

"you're in my seat."

chrissy looked up from her copy of looking for alaska, only to meet a pair of green eyes, anger clearly ignited in both of them. it took chrissy two solid minutes to realize that she was staring at a handsome stranger before taking her eyes off him, cheeks flushed.

however, chrissy had come to a sudden realization that he wasn't just any normal, handsome stranger. chrissy knew that the stranger that was looking down at her with such hatred in those gorgeous eyes of his wasn't just a passenger on this flight, no. this stranger had semi-waves falling over one side of his face, almost touching his shoulder and his lips are full, and lusciously pinkish red. blank ink embedded the visible parts of his body-- his arms, and chrissy was very sure there were more of those underneath that black button-up shirt of his. this beautiful stranger was harry styles.

"when you're done checking me out, can you get the f.uck out of my seat?" harry spat, carelessly running a hand through his brown locks.

"no," chrissy answered coolly, a little bit disappointed that this was the boy she used to have a crush on. her heart shattered a little knowing that this was the real harry styles, the one she once adored and idolized. "there's no name written on it as far as i'm concerned."

"look," harry seethed, "we're the only ones on this flight so why don't you," he pressed his index finger into chrissy's forehead to which chrissy merely scowled at,"run down to the economy class and seat there by yourself instead?"

"what do you mean we're the only ones on this flight?" chrissy shrieked, unconsciously jumping out of her seat. harry quickly and abrasively pushed her away before invading the seat he had claimed to be his. harry wore a triumphant look on his face as chrissy scoffed at his juvenile manner.

"it means, unfortunately," harry raised an eyebrow, face concentrated with repulsion, "we're stuck with each other for the next 14 hours, looking down on the clouds."

"what the hell does that mean?"

harry shrugged. "it means we're just really high."

-

short

idc

bye