Childe x Male!Reader | Unrequited Love

request by anon: Oh, ok ok. Hmmm let me see🤔 Childe x Male!Reader? But unrequited love. No matter how hard M!reader try to reach and confess to Childe. M!reader always end up a breaking heart because Childe found someone to love back? Idk lmao lol Is not because I didn't get him and and some random people I Co-Op in domains have Childe! Hm!  Ok angsty! Punch me harder soIcanstoplovinghim! Start to play kokoronashi song

a/n : (totally didn't spend like 80 pulls trying to get him and still came out empty handed ahahaha) angst isn't my specialty so! i'll try my best!! also idfk how to title this sorry

637 words

~~~~~
     Although it was a fairly sunny day, your mood certainly wasn't living up to the weather. You had just parted ways for the day with your closest companion, Childe and were now sitting on cliff near the Liyue harbor. Yeah yeah whatever companion was an understatement. But only to you.

     Let's be honest. You were in love with this man. Everything about him made you flush inside and out. His warm smile that lingered in your mind, the way his laugh repeated in your mind like a broken record. And as the proud man you are you tried to confess. Twice. But as the ladies man of the century this particular man seemed as if men were completely off his radar.

          God you just curse yourself for ages. Before you could even think of confessing you were introduced to a new girlfriend of his time after time. Why were you so pitiful? Why did you think you ever had a chance with him why- you were interrupted by a familiar voice.

          "Y/n?"

      You immediately jumped up to the sound of his voice. "Oh, Childe!" You began "I was uh just thinking about you." You coughed out as a familiar smirk came across his face.

     "Oh?" He chuckled. "What are you even doing out here all alone?" He asked, motioning towards your empty surroundings. The chatter from Liyue was indistinct but still noticeable.

      "Just thinking." You responded with a sigh. After a few moments of silence you decide its now or never. Were you just gonna let yourself dream about him day and night to no avail while you imagined what it would be like if he'd hold you close at night. Imagining his every move as his arms wrapped around your waist, his face buried in your neck and-

     "Childe I-"

      "Y/n-"

     You both simultaneously call eachother's name. You honestly wish you hadn't talked so you could hear his upbeat voice call your name.

     "Oh uh, go ahead Y/n." He faintly chucked as a gentle smirk rose across his pale face.

     "I um." You hesitated. "Imaybejustalittlebitinlovewithyouwouldyoupleasegooutwithme?" you nearly yelled, turning yourself into a blushing mess before covering your mouth. It came out like vomit. No matter how much you tried to stop yourself from continuing the sentence you just kept talking. You were mentally kicking yourself. Too busy to focus on his reaction.

     "What." His voice broke you from your mini internal monologue.

     "I," you began to repeat yourself, "I said-"

     "No I heard what you said." His voice was stoic, emotionless. And his face even more so. "I'm sorry I just don't view you in that way. I already have a lover." He awkwardly laughed, though it was obviously fake to lighten the mood. "I'm sorry. I think I'm gonna head out." He added after a brief moment of silence.

     "Oh. Okay. Bye." You tried to sound upbeat but the lump in your throat prevented it. It was hard to see through your tear coated eyes, but you could hear he was walking away without even saying goodbye.

     Man. You really should have just stayed silent.