𝔻𝕆𝕌𝔹𝕋𝕊

Damon kept putting off telling the story so me, him and Bonnie kept up a conversation on our own, away from Kai as he ate his jam.

"I need to be entertained while I work." Kai interrupted. "Hell story, please."

"Remind me not to kill him." Damon quietly said to me and Bonnie.

"Leave him alone. Did you ever think that maybe telling him your story will solve that?" I retorted.

"Whos side are you on? Cause since yesterday, you seem pretty much in love with him." Damon spat.

"Yeah, okay. Me, in love with that? You've gotta be crazy." I cut myself off by laughing. "Oh, wait. You are. A completely deranged, psychopathic vampire that doesn't give a damn about anybody but himself and his girl."

"You're full of shit. You know I love and care about you and Bonnie. It's not fair that you pick his side over mine."

"I'm on the side where we get to go home to the people we love and that means keeping him safe." I replied.

"Exactly, Damon. She's just being smart so give her a break. And you too. You can't just spaz out on Damon over little things like that." Bonnie reprimanded both of us.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"I'm sorry, kid." He said to me as he wrapped me in a hug and kissed the top of my head. I know he cares about me and Bonnie, and I really was sorry. My short temper controls me at times and it's honestly like I have all this anger in the back of my mind but I don't know what it's from. Damon then turned to Kai.

"Fine. In May 1994, I was living here. I'd come home to walk the straight and narrow." He started.

-

He had got to the middle of his story until we all heard snoring.

"Perfect. Our savior is insane and narcoleptic." He stated, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes.

"No, no, no, I'm awake." Kai replied. I jumped a little, not expecting him to speak. I was sitting on the same couch as him, only by his feet. "Let me guess, you killed the pregnant woman."

"Shut up, Kai. You weren't listening." Damon said.

"I was listening, in my sleep." I laughed at his statement and he smiled at me. "You were hanging out with your distant nephew Zach, who you called Uncle Zach, cause that's not confusing. Plus, pregnant lady Gail who had a big bull's-eye on her chest. Got it."

"Tell me you didn't kill a pregnant woman." Bonnie said.

"Well that's totally what happened. Why else would today be his personal hell?" He asked her.

"Oh god, he killed a pregnant woman." I said, disappointed. I might as well not let it affect how I see him since this happened months before I was born. He loves me like a little sister and I love him like a big brother. That's not gonna change. I watched Damon walk up to Kai and crouch in front of him.

"The only reason you're alive is because I thought you could get us out and you could help but you don't have answers!" Damon shouted at him. "You're just a man-child with jam on your fingers!"

"Relax, Damon." I warned him.

"No, it's okay." Kai said to me. He turned back to Damon. "To get home we'll harness the power of the eclipse using a mystical relic. It's called an ascendant and it looks like this, Damon." He pulled up some sort of weird looking, circle shaped thing. "The last time we had it was in the Pacific Northwest. Oregon."

"'We'?" Bonnie questioned.

"It belonged to my family. So here's a little blood to get you started." He continued as he sliced the tip of one of his fingers with the knife. "Now all we need is a locater spell to pinpoint its whereabouts."