Finale

January

One Year Later…

I stood uncomfortably beside the bed. I’m having cramps and Jae’s taking his time in the shower. I just called Mom to ask how’s Reiko since she’s been staying with them while I haven’t gave birth to my second baby.

Two months after Owen and Lourdes’s wedding, we renewed our vows. So much happened after that.

Jae and his father are finally in good terms. We still don’t know when Lucas will plan to marry his long-term girlfriend. He told us they’re not in hurry so we let them do what they want. Claire gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Lourdes is now pregnant, too. Jae’s working in our company and will you believe me if Dad’s favour him now over me? I felt betrayed but I’m happy for everyone.

“Damn, baby. Do you really have to pee there?” Jae scowled at the wet floor.

“Fuck you, Choi! That’s my water bed, stupid! Bring me to the hospital now!” I cried when I felt a burning cramps over my lower back.

Jae blinked in shock then run to the closet to get my back. I watched him in disbelief as he runs to the door, leaving me holding on the bedside table.

“Where are you going, asshole?” I shout in pain.

He looks back at me like I just told him a weird joke.

“To the hospital?” he asked me back.

“Oh my God. You fucker, are you really leaving me here?”

As if just realizing I was the one who’ll be giving birth, he run to me and carry me to the car.

“Okay” he breathed hard, “Don’t panic, baby. Don’t panic.” He said with his hands shaking he can’t even put the car keys.

“Can you even drive?” I asked in annoyance. Who’s panicking now?

“Of course.” He answered as we rush to the hospital.

I was able to phone Mom that we’re going to the hospital already. If I’m not in pain, I would laugh at Jae’s reaction. He’s pale he might faint any moment.

After injecting anaesthesia on my lower back, they rushed me into the delivery room. Jae’s holding my hand.

“Go, baby. You can do it.”  He cheered as I push.

I’m the one who’s giving birth yet Jae’s the one who looks in pain. The doctor and nurses laughed at his reaction.

“Come on, daddy. You look like you’re the one who needs to be given anaesthesia.” The doctor joked, “Okay, Mommy. One, two, three, push.”

I gripped Jae’s hands and pushed harder. When I finally heard a loud cry in the room, I let my eyes rest.

“You did a great job, baby.” I heard Jae whispered before I finally pass out.

***

I was transferred in my room when I woke up. Jae’s sitting on the chair at my side. Mom and Dad are here with Reiko. Owen, Ethan, and Lucas are also present, making the room crowded.

“Hey babe.” Jae kissed my knuckles.

“Where’s our baby?” I asked.

As if on cue, the nurse came with my baby. She put my baby boy on my chest. They all moved to the bed to get a closer look.

“The doctor’s asking if the Daddy is fine.” The nurse smiled, making us all chuckle.

“Tell him, I’m great.” Jae proudly said like he didn’t almost faint awhile ago.
I stare at my baby. He’s big, no wonder I got really tired. Lucas adjusted my bed so I am half-sitting.

“Carry him.” I smiled at Jae. He looks at me nervously.

“I don’t know how.” He said.

I handed him the baby carefully. His eyes started to water as he stare at our baby boy.

“Oh my God.” He whispered in awe.  “He’s so small in my arms.”

I smiled at him reaction. The nurse asked the name we think for the baby.

“July Rein Choi.” I answered.

“You don’t like naming your kids after Months, eh?” Owen teased, making us laugh.

I look at Reiko who’s hugging Lucas’s neck. She’s staring at her Rein so I tapped the bed and called her.

“Come here, princess.” I smiled at her. Lucas put her beside me. “Come take a look at your baby brother.”

“I’m a big sister now?” she asked.

“Yes, baby. You’re a big sister now. You’re our princess and baby Rein will be our prince.” Jae smiled at her.
Reiko kissed her little brother’s head and smiled widely.

Owen cleared his throat so we all looked at him. “We want to hold the baby, too.”

He took Rein from Jae while Mom took Reiko. Jae sat beside me kissed my forehead.

“I love you, baby.” He whispered.

“I love you, too.” I smiled at him.

We’re never perfect. We all are full of flaws. Those flaws once separate us but when we finally learned to accept each other, it made us stronger.

End.