Chapter 37: Aftermath

Jimin's POV:

Time is unpredictable.

Just an hour ago, I completed my schedule for today and headed to Taetae's practice room to go home with him, only to find him walking in circles and shouting on his phone.

I thought maybe he was talking to his manager, probably bargaining with him to give him a break. But his next sentence proved it wrong.

"JUNGKOOK? YA JEON JUNGKOOK? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME? ANSWER ME GODDAMIT!!!"

Okay, so it isn't his manager.

I tried to think about any other scenario related to the phone call, but again, the news been displayed on TV told me otherwise.  

It felt like being struck with lightning. What the hell!!! How is this even possible? SPARKLE GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT? I thought I was seeing things because of over-exhaustion. But nope, the news never faded away or my vision never blurred to something else.

I was only brought back to earth when this room's door slammed open and in came a frantic looking Yoongi hyung. His clothes were equally disheveled as his hair, further confirming that it wasn't a part of my crazy dreams. It was truth.

A painfully real truth. 

"Jimin, Taehyung, I can't reach Jungkook! Mind if you go and check up on him? Actually, just bring him here, so that I can be assured that he won't do anything stupid!"

For first time since forever, Yoongi hyung's statement didn't content any sarcasm. It was well known that Jungkook's isn't too good at coping with stress. His history of Depression was enough proof of that.

That's how we found ourselves on Jungkook's doorstep 20 minutes later. Taehyung didn't bothered to knock and straightway punched the password to enter his apartment. And guess what?

We were right all along.

Jungkook was standing in the middle of his living room, eyes blown wide and body mildly shaking, staring at his TV as if he was in a trance. His phone laid by his feet along-with TV controller, screen flashing and blacking out on repeat. This tells why he wasn't answering the calls.

We rushed to his side the moment we saw him toppling over. Luckily, we were able to save his head from banging hard on his floor. Talk about perfect timing.

He had blacked out.

Without wasting any time, we dragged him back to parking lot and drove away towards our company building. I took the wheels while Tae sat behind with Jungkook's head on his lap. To say we were freaking out would be an understatement.

It has been years since we saw him blacking out like this. Back then, it was so frequent that it didn't bothered us too much. But now was different, coz this could only indicate that he was relapsing.

What a sickly cruel joke.

Somehow, we were able to drag his unconscious body inside the building. With the help of other managers, we were able to dump him inside Yoongi hyung's personal meeting room where everyone else stood.

Jin hyung took the reigns from there and wrapped his arms around the maknae, gently stroking his hair while he half-sat on the sofa with him. By now, he was an expert at handling Jungkook's condition, seeing that it was him who used to take care of him before he turned into a vocal coach.

We went and threw ourselves on the other sofa, just beside a serious looking Namjoon hyung. He sat over there with his phone tightly clutched in his hands, monitoring every other news regarding SPARKLE while trying to dial in his fiancee's number which was going straight to voicemail.