Romance 101

The Avatar was just resting outside of his best friend's room at Ember Island, he came. "Oh hey Aang." The non bender said, "Do ya need something?" He added, awkwardly.

"Uh, yeah. I need your help..." The twelve year old stated, the fifteen year old nodded.

"What do you need help with?" He asked, the air bender breathed.

"To ask out a girl..." He stated, the non bender sighed.

"Alright, so the most important thing is: Be aloof." He said, the young Avatar glanced at him.

"You see, I tried that but she ignored me..." He told him, he stroked his imaginary beard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh hey Katara, didn't see you there." He said, aloofly.

"Hey Aang." She said, then walking away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You weren't listening to me, were you?" He asked, the air bender blushed.

"Yeah, no. Sorry, I was just remembering that time it failed." He said, he nodded.

"Anyway, I was saying about how you need to be smooth." He told the younger boy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What?! I'm saying, I'd rather kiss you than die! It's a compliment." He stated, she got mad.

"I don't know which I'd rather do..." She half shouted and walked off...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yep, already tried that. Also didn't work..." He said,

"Spirits, you're not good at this." The teen assumed, he nodded. "You ever tried complimenting her?" He asked, the kid reflected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All of you, or just your neck? Because they both look great!" He smirked.

"Smoochie smoochie, someone's in lo-oo-ve." Her brother said.

"Don't be ridiculous Sokka, Aang's just a good friend. A sweet little guy, just like Momo." She said, smiling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let me guess, didn't work?" He assumed, he nodded. "You ever done an activity together?" He asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I dunno Aang, these shoes aren't exactly right for dancing. And I don't know if I can-" She said, stroking her hair.

"Take my hand." He almost ordered her, to do.

"Okay." She said, smiling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No, I suppose." He said, the air bender shook his head.

"We did actually dance for a bit, it was nice." He mentioned, the non bender nodded.

"What did you say to her?" He asked, again a reflection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aang, everyone's watching." She whispered to him.

"Don't worry about them, it's just you and me right now." He told her, they both smirked at each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing..." He lied, the non bender nodded again.

"When did you fall in love with her?" He asked, he admitted:

"The day we met..." He said, scratching his neck.

"Hmm, interesting. Reminds me a bit of me and Yue." He mentioned, a tear rolled down his eye.

"So, what do I do?" He asked, the warrior sighed.

"There's only one thing you can do, tell her as soon as you see her next." He was told, he then nodded.

________________________________________________________________________________

He walked over to the water bender, she was sorting her hair. "Oh hey, Aang." She said, smiling.

"Hey, listen we need to talk." He stated, she looked at him nervously.

"What about?" She queried, he sighed.

"Feelings..." He mentioned, trying to be as smooth as possible.

"Listen, if it's about the play. I do not like Zuko." She told him, he nodded.

"I need to admit something to you, it may ruin our friendship." He admitted to her, she accepted that.

"Alright, I understand." She said, he inhaled and exhaled.

"I kinda have romantic feelings for y-" She interrupted him with a kiss, he delved into it too.

________________________________________________________________________________