Chapter 6: Powerful Minds

Ryota's point of view

The watch on my wrist says "3:00" PM. C'mon, where are those girls at? They said they'd meet me out here after school. Have I given my hopes up?

I was about to leave, but then Junko came galloping along with her sister. She looks rather happy. I mean, she is the Ultimate Fashionista, after all. Mukuro is the Ultimate Soldier.

"My dear boy, apologies for the wait. I had an errand to run. Anyway, let's get out of here," Junko grabs my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Our house. We have something for you to do there," Mukuro explained.

Uh... okay. I guess I'm going to a girl's house. Never thought this would happen. I notice Hajime and Chiaki at the water fountain, while I'm with these ladies.

Back to the point: Junko and Mukuro bring me to their car. I get in the back seat. There is a disturbing smell coming from the trunk. The stench is foul, and it smells like rotting fruit. No, worse than that.

"Ugh, what's that smell?" I plug my nose.

"Oh, just our gym clothes. Don't worry, sweet cheeks," Junko assures.

That does not smell like dirty clothes, but whatever. Junko drives us to her house. Their parents seem to be not home at the moment.

The girls lead me to Junko's room. The decor of this room is pretty creepy, actually. Mannequins of naked women, art work of dead bodies, satanic circles, and other disturbing decorations.

What is up with this decor? There is no way the Ultimate Fashionista should have these items in her bedroom, let alone at all. It's not only Junko's uh... "interesting" choice of style, but Mikan is here.

"Hey, there, love. I have the preparations made," she kisses Junko's cheek.

"'Preparations'?" I squint.

"You will find out," Junko grins.

Mukuro takes a camera out of Junko's closet. It is a big video camera, sitting on a tripod. Mikan gives Junko a slip of paper.

"My, boy, you're gonna film us for a school project," Junko informed.

"Oh, that? Um, okay. I thought it wasn't that," I sigh in relief.

If I'm honest, I thought it was gonna be a sexual hangout. I'm not really into any of that.

"What did you think it was?" Mikan crawls up to me.

"Uh... nothing," I clear my throat.

"We can work something out, teehee," she shoves her breasts into me.

"You're making me uncomfortable," I gurgle.

"I'm sorry," Mikan backs off.

"Not only will you film this project, you will also upload the video, and show it to my class, Class 77. Do it, when I say. Just film for now. You know how to, right? You're the Ultimate Animator, aren't you?" Junko tells me what to do.

It would seem I have no choice. I get behind the camera. Junko stands in front of the camera. Mikan rests quietly on Junko's bed. 

"Wait, don't flim yet. My dear sister, now that I think about it, you read the lines," Junko looks over to Mukuro.

"What? Why me?" Mukuro is in shock.

"Because I said so," Junko uses authority.

"Fine," Mukuro sighs.

Mukuro gets in front of the camera. Junko is next to me, holding the slip of paper. That slip of paper is actually a script Mukuro is supposed to read off of. I press record on the camera, and Mukuro starts saying the lines.

I'm not sure what these lines meant, but now they are making me edit the video. They made me add some clips of soldiers marching, a mother rocking her child to sleep, and the world spinning around the sun.

"Ryota, dear, watch it over to make sure it's good," Junko requested.

"Okay, fine," I surrender.

I press play on the laptop to watch the video over. The clips start off with Mukuro's voice.

"Has your life taken a turn? Do troubles beset you? Has fortune left you behind? If so, Junko Enoshima, in all her glory is inviting you to begin again, Class 77. Come to her where wealth, excitement, and intrigue wait around her. Stroll along her side, make better friends, or rekindle old flames. Let your eyes take in the luxurious sight of your Goddess, Lady Junko. Gaze straight on into the sunset with her. She is willing to protect you from the harshness that is about to occur. So if life's worries have weighed you down, if you need an escape from your troubles, or if you just need an opportunity to begin again, let go, and leave the world in Lady Junko's care. We'll be waiting, Class 77."  

That video, her words... those hit me hard. Those words were powerful and encouraging.

"Ahahaha! You, Ryota Mitarai, from here on out, you will now be my Ultimate Despair Minion! Ahaha! Show that video to Class 77 tomorrow, got it?" Junko laughs.

"Yes, ma'am, I got it," I bow down to her.

I will do this for her. In the name of despair, I will fulfill her purpose.