synopsis

evelyn was adopted into the boland family when she was two

it was weird, she was the only non-white
baby in the adoption center,
and she was adopted by quite possibly
the whitest family ever.

dad was never around, always out with other women.
if you tried to count how many affairs he had each week on both hands, you couldn't.

dean was a great brother, he was significantly older than her, but surprisingly took really well to her.
he was nothing but kind to her and they had a beautiful relationship.

it wasn't until evelyn was in her teens did things really change.

dean was older and had his friends over a lot, and his girlfriend. he honestly should have moved out already, but he hadn't.

around his friends he was a different person, he would make jokes about how she was adopted, which he had never minded, to amuse his friends.

he began to make jokes about her being mexican, being hispanic and latino. he would do it all just to entertain his friends. but his girlfriend beth was always there to distract her and comfort her.

evelyn liked beth.

the siblings strayed, and during high school evelyn took a different path. she partied, she did drugs.

she had been involved in her own share of criminal activity, even served 15 months. she was defending herself.

but she knew her limits, well, thought she knew her limits. though she knew one day she would disregard them.

and well, she did, with her best friend, her sister-in-law, and her other close friend.

she thought she was living life to the fullest.

turns out her life was only just about to begin.