A Busy Winter Day . 00

ALYSSA SIGHED AS SHE PLACED A DIRTY PLATE IN THE SINK THAT WAS FULL WITH DIRTY DISHES

ALYSSA SIGHED AS SHE PLACED A DIRTY PLATE IN THE SINK THAT WAS FULL WITH DIRTY DISHES. She watched groups of people walk in the diner and come out.

"You tired yet?" asked a familiar voice. Alyssa turned around to face Ruby, her best friend and co worker. "Not yet," she said with a smile. "You?" "Oh, you know," Ruby said, rolling her eyes playfully. "The usual."

Alyssa chuckled. She never understood how she managed to get a friend like Ruby.

The light blonde girl was always less popular than the brunette, making them very different. Alyssa was a loner while Ruby always made friends everywhere she went.

Granny, Ruby's grandmother and the diner owner, walked in the kitchen. "Hurry up," she said, gesturing to the people waiting to be attended. "They're waiting."

Ruby glared at her grandmother for being rude while Alyssa simply nodded and said, "Yeah. We probably should be working, not talking."

* * * *

Finally, Granny's Diner closed. Alyssa said her goodbyes to Ruby and her grandmother, and made her way out of the diner.

As she walked toward her car, which was completely covered with snow, she noticed a little boy following her. "Hm?"

She turned around to face the boy and raised her eyebrow at him. "Oh my god," the boy said, smiling in excitement. "It's you! Frost! You're Queen Elsa and Princess Anna's long lost sister!"

Alyssa smirked and decided to play along. "Of course I am," she said. "Now go back home, young man." The boy sighed, "You don't remember. You're just pretending."

She felt kind of bad for the boy, "I'm sorry. I just don't believe in fairy tale characters. What's your name?" "Henry, Henry Mills," the boy answered quickly, as if he was expecting the question.

The girl widened her eyes, "You're the Mayor's son!" Henry nodded solemnly without expression. "Yeah. I guess you can call me that."

Alyssa sighed, shaking her head. "You shouldn't be talking to me. You're supposed to be home."

Henry didn't answer so she said, "Let me take you home, alright?" The boy nodded.

Alyssa walked with Henry to her car. She unlocked the door and got in the car. She opened the passenger's car and Henry stepped in, closing the door afterwards.

She turned on the engine and drove to the Mayor's house.