Dirty Little Secret

"You're my dirty little secret!" I sing out, not caring if I'm loud.

My family left to run errands and are going to the park afterwards so I have the house to myself for most of the day. What I had decided to do while my family was gone was to read quietly, but that plan quickly changed as soon as I turned on the song 'Dirty Little Secret' by The All-American Rejects.

"I'll keep you my dirty little secret! Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret!" I sing out, dancing across the kitchen floor.

"Who has to know?!" I belt out, finishing the song with a bang.

I'm out of breath and trying to regulate my breathing when my phone dings with my personal ringtone for Jackson. I grab my phone off of the counter and click on the message from Jackson.

Jackson: Hey, Sonora!

Me: Hey, Jackson!! What's up?

Jackson: NM. You?

Me: Same. Family went to run errands but I didn't want to go so I'll be home by myself for the next few hours.

Jackson: Ooh! Fun!

Me: Guess so. I've just been listening to music.

Jackson: What music have you been listening to?

I smirk, as a devious response enters my mind.

Me: If you came over, you'd get to hear what I'm listening to for yourself.

Jackson: But your parents aren't home!!

Me: So? We're not that reckless. ;-)

Jackson: You make good points.

Me: I only made one point.

Jackson: Still.

Jackson: I'll be over in a few minutes. Heading out the door now.

I grin as I read his responses.

Me: ♪~('ε` ) See you soon my Groovy Guy.

Jackson: ( ◜‿◝ )♡

I go outside and sit down on the grass to wait for Jackson.

"Hey!!" He calls, biking onto my driveway.

"Hi!" I stand and walk over to him. He dismounts from his bike and puts the kickstand up.

I hug him and he reciprocates, wrapping his arms around my lower back.

"You smell nice," he mumbles into my hair.

I laugh. "Thanks! You do too."

We pull apart and I grab his hand, leading him into the house.

"So... what songs were you listening to?" Jackson asks curiously.

"I've been playing this song on repeat," I tell him. "Alexa, play Dirty Little Secret," I say.

"C'mon, dance with me!" I say, laughing as I grab Jackson's hands and sway in time to the beat.

We dance around a little and are a laughing mess at our dance moves when the song finishes.

"Gosh I love you!" Jackson says, staring into my eyes.

I blush. "Y-you love me?"

A blush spreads across his face as he answers. "Yes! I've loved you for a while now but I didn't want to admit it to myself because I was afraid that I would mess everything up."

I step closer to him and cradle his face in my hands. "You never have to worry about messing anything up with me." I pull his face down and melt my lips to his. "I love you," I mumble as we pull away for a moment.

"Would you mind if I kissed you again, Sonora?" Jackson asks breathily.

"No, I wouldn't mind!" I say, and he smashes his lips back onto mine.

"You're my dirty little secret, Sonora," Jackson tells me, biting my earlobe.

So much for not being reckless.