pt 53.

recap from last chapter

"where actually were you?" he said.

...

i felt my whole throat clog up. i couldn't even get a word out. i kept thinking about how jaden mentioned not to say anything. was it that obvious i had been gone? yes obviously amelie hes been sitting in your room for who knows how long waiting for you.

"me? i was outside." i said with confidence. sort of.

he studied the confused and flustered look on my face. he let out a deep breath.

"what is it about me that makes you feel like im terrible." he said calmly.

"i never said that." i quickly responded.

"why do you need to lie to me" he asked. i was in the process of thinking of a response but he replied to himself.

"it was jaden right?" he said. i breathed out.

"i needed to see my aunt jackie. i just needed to talk to her. i honestly dont know what i was thinking. i know jaden is mad at me, hes just acting sympathetic for some reason." i said.

"just in case something does happen i just need to know shes alright and well." i smiled as he stayed silent. i smiled to the thought of her as i looked up at vinnie, noticing his silence.

"your going to tell the others right?" i said looking at his hazel-ish eyes.

"nope." he shook his head.

"what you did is understandable, and i would do that too." he said.

"thats the same thing jaden told me."

"but i meant it." he smiled.

there was a small awkward silence for a bit after that.

"why are you here.. if i may ask i know that i shouldn't really-"

"its alright." he chuckled cutting me off.

"the reason i am here is because of my cousin, i never wanted to be in the bullshit ass buisness. yeah im the "smart and big guy" of this but that's only cause im smart. i act tough to hide me i guess?" he said

"my cousin blake hacker." (not blake gray btw lol)

"he is related to some bitch in the other groups, i drafted myself to audrey and the others. i have known audrey since i was like 14, we trained together. i grew up here so i learned everything with her. shes actually super smart. she knows alot. i chose this team because there was actually gender variety and i could tell how different you all act around eachother. there all like straight postured guys who wear some suits and only talk buisness."

"thats seems like-"

"hell." we both said at the same time making us laugh.

"my mom and dad they are in the hamptons enjoying life." he trailed off.

"i still talk to them, its all well." he smiled.

i smiled back.

"thats great, im glad. do they talk to you often?"

"yeah, they always are showing me their little plastic pina coladas with those little stupid umbrellas."

"the umbrellas are the best part" i laughed.

"man i hope we come up with a good ass plan." he said.

"i miss my brother reggie, my family, i dont like being here. shit, the only reason im still here is probably you guys having this great mindset."

"what are you getting out of this? i mean you could just leave. i know your like in love with jaden but why. you could literally-"

"die?" i finished the sentence.

"in other words yes."

"well you guys have taught me alot. even though i got kidnapped. pretty brutally. you guys are amazing, and i want to help you guys get out of this hellhole so everybody knows you aren't criminals. and when we do i wont be missing and we all get to be together. without running from cops. i don't want you guys to get arrested. and audrey, bryce, josh, and jaden. so they cant find their parents too." i smiled.

"your a great person for this team." he said.

i took a deep breath probably regretting what im about to do. and no im not kissing him.

"please dont tell anyone this." i said catching his full attention.

"yeah whats up?" he said.

"like no body." i said again

"one second." i said getting up and walking to the door frame. i peaked my head out and looked both ways to make sure no one was outside. i closed it and locked it.

he narrowed his eyebrows.

"not even jaden knows vinnie, im trusting you."

"not even audrey?"

"just you idiot." i responded

authors note,

no we aren't dating vinnie in the book !