Quentin's Story

Quentin

Stupid Alphas and their stupid meetings. Stupid brother and his pregnant mate. 'Oh, brother of mine, please, go to London to this meeting so I can be home with my eight-month pregnant mate.'

Screw that.

Screw this.

I'm a second son, we aren't supposed to have responsibility. We are supposed to be fun Uncles and freeloaders. I enjoy being a freeloader. I mean, with an Alpha brother and a Luna sister, I can do whatever I want.

No, I'm still running errands for Atticus. Still working as an Alpha even though he has three Betas. I'm not even a Beta.

Goddess, I can't wait until this kid is here to be an Heir.

Until then, I'm in London, attending a stupid Alpha meeting. No forest nearby for me to shift, just a week in a stuffy city.

Speaking of which, the reception started twenty minutes ago and I have an Alpha to impress. Specifically, Alpha Williams from Bright Water. His pack mainly hated Virgin Steel, but we needed that to change. For the past six months, Lena and I have been working against another rogue group. Our main issue is that a large number of their members are in the UK, which Alpha Williams holds most of the control of.

Which left me, walking down the hall of a hotel, needing to get to the terrance for a reception. The things we do for our siblings, what BS.

It takes a while for the elevator to come up, but I'm happy it shows up empty. With a deep sigh, I move between the doors. That was, until I hear, "Hold the lift!"

My hand shoots out, stopping the doors. Before I knew it, my senses were overwhelmed with the sight and smell of the men in front of me. Our eye meet and everything stops.

We stand there, half in and half out of the elevator. Nothing can pull either one of us out of the moment. As the doors try to close again, I push them open, pulling my mate in and to the back.

As my back collided with the wall, his lips collide with mine. His hands cup my face while I rest mine of his hips. Two fingers hook themselves with the belt loops and I use them to pull him closer.

After the blissful moment, we pull back. "Well isn't this bloody brilliant," the phrase is said with amusement, but there is stress in his English accent.

"I think it's freaking amazing," I captured his lips once more, sealing my comment with a kiss.

"No, that's not what I mean," he sighs, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply. "I'm not out yet."

"Me either."

"My old man is upstairs," he confessed. That proposes a problem. "Wait, are you an Alpha?"

"No, my brother is, his Luna is about to give birth though so I'm here," I explain before reaching over and pressing the button. "Are you?"

"My dad's the Alpha, but my brother is Heir."

I smirk. "Two second borns."

"What is your pack?"

"I think I'd like to exchange names first," I laugh at him. "Quentin."

"Oliver."

"Oliver," I sigh, leaning forward to peck him once more. "We don't have to tell your dad yet."

"You sure?"

I nod, "We can wait till you're ready."

"You're the best mate a bloke could ask for," he kisses me once more.