𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

♡ A/N: hi hi, so I'm not dead. Imma try to keep this note short but I'm so sorry for this long wait. My exam prep has been so stressful and they start soon in March,  so um, this may also be the only update this month. IM SORRY. hope you u understand <33 also, I'm barely active on here anymore so I'm so sorry if I haven't replied to anyone . If you guys wanna keep in touch then you can hmu on discord ( liza.is.a.mess) oki oki this is getting too long. ly, bye ♤

♡♡♡

It was Friday night when I decided I’d had enough of it. Perhaps it was what Aunt Abigail had said to me, ‘better people will find their way into your life’ or that I was just sick of crying in my room, thinking about all the things we had yet to do together. We never had those piano sessions we talked about. And I never got to hear him sing. But it just didn’t matter anymore.

I guess listening to ‘no tears left to cry’ by Ariana Grande really had an effect, huh. 

My phone, as for the previous few weeks, had been ringing and buzzing almost constantly but I hadn’t responded to anyone yet, except Joaquin. The rumors and gossip had died down a bit, just as Joaquin had told me, but I doubted anyone would forget it completely soon enough.

I found myself suddenly being grateful that it was the summer holidays and I didn’t have to show my face to school everyday. But still, going out for walks everyday made me nervous. It felt weird, knowing that I had just promised myself that I was over it. Over everything, Louis, the tears, the gossip and especially spending my nights wondering about this girl who made Louis chose her over me. 

There was also this weird sense of uncertainty. Louis and I still hadn’t talked. For the first week that I knew, he didn’t call and I-on the brink of tears-waited for hours on end for his name to show up on my phone but then when just last week he did, I didn’t want to answer. He must have definitely got the hint, but it felt weird for me to say that I was over him if we technically hadn’t broken up yet.

With my mind still heavy on that, I filled up my water bottle and headed out the door for a walk across the town. The realisation had dawned on me a couple days so that I had spent so much time locked in my room, dwelling on what had happened that I forgot to enjoy the simple things of life. So, today, like the past few days, I went on a small walk through town.

Thinking about Louis with another girl definitely did hurt, but I chose not to. Instead, I tried to spend the evening really appreciating my surroundings. Emphasis on tried

The creek was hard to avoid. Normally, it would be the place I’d want to visit most. But nowadays, everything there felt like him. Almost as if his ghost was still lingering there. It took a lot of self-control for me to not go over there right now and reminiscence of our time there together. Back then it all felt so...perfect.

And what made everything worse was that my 17th birthday was next week. I’d looked forward to this for so long, and had it all planned out in my head too. A party, Louis and me, Joaquin and Issie. It was supposed to be the best birthday party I’d ever had, you only turn seventeen once. But now, thinking about it was the last of my concerns. 

The sun had set a while back, and I didn't seem to have noticed. I hurried back home, hoping my aunt would let it slip as she did the past few times. As I walked up to my front porch steps, I was about to open the door when I turned to the left to see Joaquin lightly swinging on the porch swing.

He turned to me with his lopsided grin. He folded his arms, imitating my aunt. “Late again, Betty.” He sighed and nodded his head disapprovingly as I giggled. I went ahead and sat next to him. 

“You went to the creek?” he then asked softly.

I shaked my head, “No,” and looked up at the orange-pink sky which was slowly turning indigo before our eyes. “I wanted to, but no.”

“Did he call you?” 

“Yeah, thrice actually, but I didn’t answer.”

“He, uh, called me too.” He turned to face me. “Asked me to tell you he needed to talk.”

I scoffed, “What did you say.”

“That you’ll talk to him when you want to, which was unlikely any time soon” A grin found his way back onto his lips. “And then I hung up on him.”

I chuckled. “Thanks.”

We were there in silence for a while, admiring the moon that was nearly in view.

“You think I’ll get over him?” I asked

“Depends,” he shrugged. “Do you love him?”

I sighed. “I don’t know.”

I don’t know