⤝Chapter One⤞

Dark awoke with a blinding headache; he kept his room dark at all times, but even the darkness burned his eyes. He had critical paperwork to sign off on today, but he also had a meeting with his glitch. He promised Anti that he wouldn't work till midnight again today because Anti wanted to see Lord of the Rings tonight. Dark slid out of bed and staggered into the bathroom after a few minutes of pondering it over in his thoughts. Dark moaned, squeezing the sides of his head as he turned on the light. He popped some Ibuprofen in the medicine cabinet and got in the shower.

He was ready for the day after his shower. His headache was unaffected by the Ibuprofen. After tying his tie, Dark opened his bedroom door and went downstairs to the kitchen. Perhaps a cup of coffee might help him get rid of his headache. A tickling sensation crept up the back of Dark's throat as he walked down the steps. Sharp pains centered around his ribcage, he coughed a couple of times into his hand. Dark took a few long breaths and rubbed his chest a few times until the ache went away.

He appeared to be the first one up this morning when he entered the kitchen. Dark entered the kitchen, grabbed his mug, and began pouring his coffee.

Static and a high-pitched ringing began to fill the air. That would normally be his aura, but there was another person with that kind of power. Anti. "Do you come here often?" said a pair of arms curled around his neck. A chill ran down his spine as an Irish voice murmured in his ear.

"I live here, Ant," he said, pulling Anti's arms off his shoulders. Anti put his hands on his hips and pouted his lips. "Darkie, you're not having much fun today, are you okay?" He inquired.

Dark coughed into his palm, trying to drown out the sound. Anti paused for a few moments before speaking. "Did you cough?" Anti accused, pointing a finger in the direction of Dark's face. Anti's finger was batted away by Dark.

"I guarantee I'm alright. I've just not had my coffee yet." Dark lied while clutching his coffee mug. Anti didn't respond for a long time "Okay, then. You'll be in big trouble if I find out otherwise." Anti said.

Dark chest rumbled, "Yes, yes, I get it Ant." He answered, pecking him on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen. Dark walked up to his office and thought it was time to get some work done. He set his cup down and began signing paperwork. Dark had another coughing fit a few hours into paperwork, this one hurting more than the last. Dark began to feel dizzy and placed his hand on his head. Dark rose to his feet, losing his balance and leaning against the desk, and everything began to whirl faster and faster until everything was dark.