---Eight---

"Soooo," Seto said, placing his stack of books in their correct places. "What kind of book are you looking for?"

Brice thought for a moment while watching Seto float books onto the higher shelves. "Romance," the blonde prince answered.

"Wow, what a manly genre," Seto said sarcastically.

The blonde sighed, causing the prisoner to laugh.

"Just get me a damn romance book."

"Okay, okay," said Seto, muffling his laughter. He walked around the library searching for a good book. Seto hadn't read many romance books, but the few he had were pretty good. The magic-enhancing scarf jingled merrily as the pair walked.

"Um Seto?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you have the jester's scarf?"

The cloaked sorcerer looked at him for a second, trying to figure out what to say. "I stole it," he lied.

Hopefully the prince wouldn't notice his lie and, therefore, wouldn't punish Ty for helping out the prisoner.

But the prince noticed. He gave the younger male a "do you really think I'm that stupid" face.

The sorcerer sighed. "Ty, I mean the jester, gave me it so I could walk. Your castle had drained so much of my power that I was coughing up blood."

"Are you alright now?" the blonde asked, worried.

Seto cocked an eyebrow. Why was he so worried? He was a prisoner. Not to mention he killed many of his soldiers.

"I'm fine," the sorcerer replied back. Even if the bells were driving him a little crazy, he wasn't gonna take up any offers from the enemy.

The blonde nodded. "My book?"

"Oh yeah," the sorcerer turned back around and started down the lane of the library. He looked up and down the shelves, searching for a good romance.

Seto continued to make jokes about the prince's "manly" taste in books in his head, not paying attention to his surroundings. Suddenly, the sorcerer tripped over a large book that, somehow, hadn't been put away.

The male tried to gain his balance, only to get cut short by the chains around his legs. He let out a curse as he braced for impact. Suddenly, a hand reached out and pulled him up.

Seto opened his eyes, only to see black and yellow. What?

"Are you okay?" Brice asked. Seto looked up at the other prince. The black and yellow were the color of his shirt. The sorcerer felt his face flush, realizing how close he was to enemy. He stepped back quickly, pulling his hood back up over his head, shadow engulfing his face.

"Yes, yes I'm fine," the sorcerer said quickly, turning around to face the shelves with books.

You could almost feel the awkwardness.

The sorcerer finally selected a book and handed it to Brice. Seto quickly turned around and headed to a corner of the library.

All that he was thinking about was how close he had been to the blonde.

---

I did like four updates today rip

BTW I have nothing against guys how like romance

I'm a guy

I'm writing a gay fanfic

It was just to add to the story