nothing lasts. part 1

Bakugo's pov
Age 15

The very same day...
I was smiling...
The very same day...
I was laughing...
The very same day...
I was playing...
The very same day...
I thought it would last forever...
The very same day...
My life changed forever...

I still remember all of the screams of terror, seeming to come from all over town. I still remember the flames.
How can something so beautiful like fire bring so much harm? It looks so beautiful. The way it sways in the wind.
The warm comfort it brings when you are close to it. It's so calming...
But...
It turns out that not everything beautiful will stay beautiful forever.
It's a nice life lesson don't you think?
Fire can be save people from the freezing cold weather.
It can cook food.
Yet...
It can destroy things.
People.
Buildings.
Houses.
Town.
...
Family.

The smell of smoke and burning flesh is still deeply imprinted in my mind.
The sight of my family, my friends, running, crying, screaming, begging.

But...

Why?

In the moment...I thought that they were just scared of getting hurt. Or loosing a close friend or family member.

But no.

They were scared they were gonna die.

And I thought it was normal for people to be scared if death.

But now.

All I can do is ask...

Why?

I woke up at around 4 am to start my morning routine.  You'd think that because I'm the only one that lives here, I wouldn't have many things to do. But, that's actually the reason why I'm always so busy. I got out of my bed (which is just two blankets on the floor with a lopsided pillow), I went to my bathroom, brushed my teeth,  Combed through my hair, then I went out to the front patio and picked up my spray bottle that I left out from the previous night. I walked around all the (empty, burned) houses and watered all the flowers that I'd planted. Once I finished watering all the plants it was probably about 4:40 by now. Then I got some of my running cloths which were just some black  shorts and a red oversized shirt with a yellow hoodie wraped around my waist just in case it got cold or started to rain. I ran around the whole town and I also ran a bit out of the border that I usually don't cross, I never went outside the border because I was scared. Scared for what? I don't know. I think I'm just scared I will see someone, which is pretty much impossible. I haven't seen another person for like 6 years. I actually kinda forgot how to talk because of this, I have nobody to talk to so whats the point of talking?
When I went back to my house the sub was staring to rise and I guessed that it was about 6 am.
I went back into my house and got some clean cloths.
I opend the door and ran to the lake that was close by. you may be wondering why I didn't use a washing machine.....I litteraly sleep on the floor.....so yeah......I removed my sweat soked cloths and jumped in the lake.  I washed myself and got out, I put all my clean cloths on and I also put on my yellow hoodie that I was wearing around my waist while running.

I was on my way back to my house when I suddenly heard a sound.
I thought it was probably just an animal like a  squirrel or a bird.
But something in the back of my mind told me to hide and investigate.
I hid behind a bush and slowly made my way to the place where I heard the mysterious sound. And then I saw what I never thought I'd ever be able to see ever again...