✓𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Twelve.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Suna's pov

I was twelve years old when I had my first cigarette.

I was over my cousin's house and his mom left us alone to run some errands. We left and went to the park a fair walk away from his house. When we finally made it there there were a group of kids sitting on the bench.

"What's good Jonathan, Who's the kid?" One of them asked pointing me out from my cousins shadow.

"That's my cousin he's cool. Suna, this is Hart, Kenneth, Jared, and Gwen."

They all greeted me as i give them a simple wave in return. "You got the goods Ken?" He gestured to the boy.

"Who would I be if I didn't have them." Kenneth reached into his backpack pulling out tons of stuff. I didn't know what most of it was except the cigarettes and cocaine.

'What the heck is even all this stuff' I thought to myself. "Aye kid, you aren't a snitch are you? I'd have to kill you if you were." Kenneth said turning back to look at me.

Before I could respond, Gwen slapped the back of his head. "What the hell Gwen?" He winced grabbing the back of his head. "Stop threatening him, he hasn't even said a word since he's been here. Why do you think he would snitch?" She said glaring at the idiot next to her.

"Fine Fine, whatever. What do you guys want from the bag?" Kenneth asks looking around at his friends. Gwen went to grab the coke, Hart had a bottle of what i could only assume is medicine, Jared grabbed the weed, and my cousin took the packs of cigarettes.

"You still smoke those cancer sticks jon?" Jared asked. Jonathan nodded his head and opened the packaging taking out a pack. "It's easier to hide, I can just tell my mom that their my dad's. She believes anything." He said before putting the cigarette in between his lips soon lighting it.

He exhales filling the once pure air with a harsh smell of menthol and nicotine. The cloud floated in my direction causing me to cough as the gas sucks the life out of my soul.

The group share a chuckle at my struggles, once I'm composed I feel a hand on my shoulder. It's Gwen. "You want anything Suna?" Her mellow voice says.

"Let's start him out with something simple, Jon give him one of your death puffers." Hart says gesturing his hand towards me.

My cousin reaches into the little box and grabs one out, handing it to me. "Alright kid, you put the stick in your mouth and light it. Simple, just don't die because i don't think your mom left your insurance card." Jonathan jokes.

"I don't have a light-" I was interrupted by a voice belonging to Kenneth. "Here use mine." He said tossing me his black lighter. Once I get a closer look I see a skull design all around it.

I wrapped my lips around the cigarette as I brought the up the flame to light it. When I lit the stick, I took a simple inhale which sent me into a coughing fit. The nicotine now filling my once pure lungs filled with deadly toxins for my own satisfaction.

"So how'd ya like it kid? Is it cool?" Hart asked. I shrugged in response.

"It's whatever I guess, even though this flavor is disgusting." I say shaking my head at the end of my sentence recalling the repulsive taste that still lingers on my tastebuds.