11. Dinner For Three

Hongjoong had decided to meet up with Yeosang in the afternoon. His interest in what he could do to understand the laws and regulations connected to his contract with Wooyoung had been more interesting for him than trying to befriend Yongguk. After he had helped around the house for a while as Seonghwa was cleaning up and nearly driven Seonghwa insane by using the wrong cleaning supplies on various surfaces, he had disappeared out of the door with a cheeky grin. With a sigh, Seonghwa had gone around to close all the open packages of cleaning wipes the demon had strewn around.

The day had started with rain. Seonghwa had awoken to fog rolling around the windows and bathing the world and its reds and yellows in a hazy grey film that covered the wet leaves. Albeit slight, the rain hadn’t let up since the morning, and Seonghwa had asked Hongjoong about seven times if he was sure he wanted to leave.

“It’s fine! I can annoy Yeosang in his office; I bet it will be fun. There’s nothing better than to spend your evening scaring little angels! It’s in my wicked nature!” Hongjoong had explained gleefully. Ultimately, Seonghwa couldn’t deny that. After all, he was relieved to get rid of the man who kept calling his little meeting with Yunho a date.

The insecurity of what exactly their meeting was had Seonghwa falter in his preparations. Usually, having dinner together required less of a setup. Sometimes, he just invited Yunho over, and that was it. But this time, knowing that Yunho blushed when Seonghwa kissed his cheek and that Seonghwa wanted to show his gratitude towards the man felt different.

He didn’t want to make it seem too romantic since Wooyoung was there, and he didn’t know if Yunho wanted to be courted by him. Roses on the table might have been too quick of a step, so Seonghwa settled for a pretty flowery table cloth and neatly arranged the potholder and a bar of Yunho’s favourite caramel chocolate he had packed in the middle. It was time for the good china that his mom had gifted him as he moved out, so Seonghwa neatly set the table before the other two could arrive. He placed the Toothless plushie on Wooyoung’s seat to cuddle and tasked his laptop in the living room with filling the house with nice piano music.

Seonghwa liked the setting once the sweet tunes filtered through the house, but he faltered at it. Too much? Maybe it would get annoying in the background if they tried to have a conversation with three people. Just when he clicked it off again, the doorbell rang. As usual, Wooyoung danced and hopped underneath the window leading to the kitchen when Seonghwa passed the room. Hurried, he stepped into the cleaned shoe area and opened the door to find Yunho there. Like a flash of lightning, Wooyoung returned to his side and grinned at Seonghwa brightly.

“Hi, daddy, how was your day?? I have big news!”

Chuckling, Seonghwa stepped out of the way to let his son in. While Wooyoung excitedly pulled his shoes off his feet, Seonghwa turned to Yunho.

“Big news?” He asked with one raised brow. Yunho’s grin was disarming as he pushed the door behind him shut. As Wooyoung ran off, Yunho allowed Seonghwa to hold his bag and take care of his coat while neatly setting his shoes down next to Seonghwa’s. The sight made Seonghwa shy. He liked it.

“Big news. He’s been brimming with excitement all day long.”

Once Yunho stood in front of Seonghwa in all of his attractive glory, he opened his arms. Seonghwa stepped in and got a whiff of the man’s subtle but rich perfume. It was so enchanting that Seonghwa wanted to roll in it like a field of flowers. All too soon, he had to step back.

Out of nowhere, Yunho pulled a bunch of flowers from thin air. Pink roses, thriving eucalyptus leaves, matching purple sea lavenders, and some more greens all created a pretty bouquet in soft pink undertones. Seonghwa loved it a lot. He accepted it from Yunho after the man handed it to him cautiously.