1

I ducked, barely avoiding the knife that was flung towards me. I turned my head, the knife was now stuck deep into the wall. That could've been me. Holding my pistol in front of me, I slowly stood up only to be faced with a familiar figure.

"Raymond DeConto, pleasure seeing you here" I say with as much sarcasm as I can.

He smirked at me in return. "The pleasure is all mine lady Sànchez"

I carefully scan him over, searching for any weapons. There are not any visible weapons from what I can see, meaning that they  are hidden. I look back up at him to see him reaching into his pocket. I aim my gun at his head and give him a pointed stare.

"Calm down chica" he laughed at me, as he slowly out his phone. I aimed my gun at his hand. He quickly raised the phone to his ear "I've got her here".

Suddenly, Raymond pushed me against a wall and put his gun next to my temple. I kept my relaxed expression, knowing for sure I wouldn't be dying today, at least not at the hands of Raymond DeConto.

"Not bad for a guy" He rolled his eyes at my comment. "Come on Raymond, we both know that you won't be leaving here with me dead" Before he had a chance to react, I grabbed onto his shoulders and turned him around, forcing him onto the wall.

I knocked his gun out of his hand with my elbow and in one swift motion, I flicked a knife out from inside my sleeve, pushing it gently against his throat, making sure not to kill him- yet.

"I see you've improved, Natalia". "I see you haven't changed one bit Raymond". Instead of retaliating, he looked of into the distance and back at me again, a satisfied expression on his face. I arched an eyebrow at his reaction, as I turned my head to try to spot what he was looking at.

Sirens go off the distance and Raymond smirks in amusement. I softly curse at him in Spanish. I push the knife deeper into his skin and watch as he winces. I smile at his sign of weakness. "I could slit your throat right now Raymond but when I kill you, I want to savour it" I say to him. I punch him in the stomach and he let's out a grunt. With one last look at the pathetic man in front of me, I run off to my car.

"Lovely seeing you again Natalia" he shouts at me, making me  turn around to see him with a smug grin on his face.

"Yeah I bet it was" I smirk. His eyes widen at my response and I turn back around and continue to make my way back to my car.

 His eyes widen at my response and I turn back around and continue to make my way back to my car

I thrust open the door to my G wagon and jumped inside, shutting it behind me. I turned on the car and took out my phone to call my father.

"How did it go?" he asks from the other side of the phone.

"It would've been perfect but the police was coming and I don't need to go to jail right now" I roll my eyes at the thought of Raymond's smug face when he heard the sirens.

"Did you get injured?" I glance down at my knuckles. They were slightly red from punching Raymond but I wasn't severely hurt.

"Nope, not this time" I respond.

"Okay that's good, I'll see you at home mija"

"Bye dad". I hung up and turn some music on, putting the volume up to the max.

After a 40 minute drive, I arrived at my family's house. A guard nodded at me as he opened the large metal gates, letting me in to our driveway. I parked outside and hopped out of my car.

I unlocked the door and pushed it open. 2 more guards were positioned near the door and they both greeted me with a stiff nod.

"Natalia!" my mum quickly made her way down the stairs. She was always worried when I went on missions.

"How did it go?" she asked with a curious expression on her face.

"It could've been better" I said as we walked down the hallway to my room. Our footsteps echoed down the hallway.

"Oh why so?"

"Cops" I muttered in disgust as we came to a stop outside my room.

"I'm going to go and sort out my weapons now" I gave my mum a small, forced smile and walked inside my room.

I took out all of my hidden weapons and placed them back to their original positions. To my disgust, i see that there is blood on the knife i used on Raymond.

I grab the knife and walkover to my bathroom. I must've pierced that bastards neck. I put the knife under the tap water and watched the water turn crimson.

I grabbed a cloth from a counter top and dried off the knife, while walking back into my room. Grabbing my phone, I flung myself onto my bed and called my best friend. She answered on the third ring.

"Heyyyy" she said with a grin on her face.

"Hi Stef" I smiled at her. She must've noticed something was wrong.

"What's up with you?"

"Raymond got away again" I scoffed. I should've killed him right then and there. What the hell is wrong with me.

"How?" Stefania asks. She looked truly surprised. This was the third time I had failed my mission of killing Raymond.

"The cops" I muttered.

Deep down, I knew I could've killed him and had enough time to escape the scene, and anyways if I did get caught, my family could could easily pay of my bail. Stef raised her eyebrows, she looked amused.

"The cops, really?"

I could practically feel the sarcasm in her question.

"Yes" I muttered.

She laughed at me. "Natalia Sànchez, scared of cops? Please".

I knew she was right. I wasn't scared of the cops at all.
"Maybe this has something to do with how totally hot he is?" Stef wiggled her eyebrows and winked at me.

"No ew what the hell Stef" I said in disgust. She shrugged in response. "Anyways, I'm gonna go eat dinner, see ya" I smiled at her as she waved at me and hung up.

I couldn't help but think about what she said. Raymond DeConto was definitely hot but I'd never let that interfere with a mission. Or.. maybe I already did?

"Dinner is done Natalia!" My mothers voice called out and I made my way to the dining room.

The delightful smell of my dad's cooking filled the room as I sat down and grinned at the food. In the middle of the table was a massive dish filled with paella.

"Wow, this looks great dad" I exclaimed as I spooned some of the delicious looking rice into my plate. My dad smiled at me in return.

I could feel something was wrong so I looked up from my plate. Both my parents stare at me. I slowly put more rice into my mouth, without breaking eye contact with them.

"Natalia, we need to talk to you". My gaze goes over to my mum.

"Okay, what about?" I asked as I ate another fork full of paella.

"Spain" my mother said seriously as she shot my father a hesitant glance.

𝙄 𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙨𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙧 :)