Early Morning (Fluff)

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Fem!Reader

Category: Fluff

Warnings: one sexual innuendo, I think that's it! If I missed anything please let me know!

Request are open if anyone is up for that

(604 words)

Waking up next to Spencer Reid is nothing short of a dream come true.

It's also criminal how beautiful he looks when he's asleep. When he isn't wrapped around me, legs tangled between mine and my back to his chest, he is a mattress sleeper. And that is exactly how I found him this morning. Head on the mattress instead of his pillow, laying on his belly and his hands slightly covering his face only to disappear under the pillow.

At some point in the night the blanket had fallen to rest at his hips, leaving his toned back open for viewing. My eyes scanned his face, admiring his plump, pink lips that were parted slightly, and his curly locks that, while standing up every which way, had fallen in his eyes.

He looked ethereal to say the least. And I thanked my lucky stars that I got to wake up to this every morning. Well, every morning he wasn't whisked away on a case.

"I can feel you staring at me, y/n" He muttered with his eyes still shut, humor lacing in his words.

His morning voice was gravely, a sound that I wish I could make my ringtone, it was that beautiful. I let out a small giggle before answering, "you're just so beautiful, how can I not?"

Spencer opened his eyes then, his beautiful brown orbs staring back into mine. It took my breath away. He took my breath away. Though we'd been together just over three years, I still felt like we were in the honeymoon stage. If I'm being honest, I don't think I could possibly ever leave this so called "stage". Every single day I found something new to love about him. Whether it was his random fact of the day, the way he drank his coffee that day, or the simple looks he would give when he thinks you aren't looking.

Spencer wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest and leaving s little kiss on my head. "I could say the same about you, baby." He nuzzled his nose into my hair, no doubt savoring my scent. "You're positively criminal looking when you first wake up. I should arrest you for it." I felt the vibration from his chuckle under my cheek. I couldn't help but smile.

I turned my face upwards so I could look into his honey eyes, "but I'd like that. It's hardly a punishment." I shot him a cheeky smile. He leaned down, capturing my lips with his and giving me a sweet, loving kiss.

"I thought for sure I'd be waking up alone today." I muttered as I ran my fingers through his hair. He shook his head, "apparently the serial killers decided to take the morning off."

It was quite often I woke up alone. His job ripping him from our shared bed in the early hours of most mornings. And keeping him from me for days, sometimes weeks, at a time. But I didn't mind. He was out saving the world, being the superhero, he is. I couldn't ever be mad at that. Especially because, when he was home, he gave me his undivided attention. It was a nice balance to say the least. They say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder,' and I could certainly found that to be true.

"What do you say we get ready and go get a nice breakfast together? Hmm?" He hummed as he squeezed me tighter into him.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, breathing him in for a solid few minutes before I answered him, "I'd love that."