The Violist

The Violist

         My girl friend plays the violin and she is quite talented too.  Her little fingers move up and down the neck of it like lightning shooting through the sky on a stormy night.  I always admired that, I admire anyone who can make a beautiful sound come from such elegant instruments.

“ Brookanne, may I hold your violin?”

“Sure sweetheart.” She replied

I stood there simply admiring its elegant beauty.

“Would you like to learn?” She asked.

“Well of course I would. I would love to learn how to play such beautiful music.”

“Well maybe you should play the viola. It’s just like a violin, but a little bigger, and a deeper sound.”

Still scanning every conceivable detail of her violin I hand it back to her smiling.

“I would love to, my beautiful princess.” I said leaning in to give her a gentle kiss over her ever so soft lips.

“Yay, I can’t wait! We’ll do duets together and… and I have the perfect teacher.” She yelled quickly pecking my lips in excitement.

                          A few days later my lady and I went into a violin and viola outlet store to purchase a new viola for myself.  After a few good minutes of searching I found the perfect one.  A beautiful brown pine wooden viola with ebony pegs, I knew that was the one for me.  After a couple of weeks playing I finally learned Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  Learning music was not an easy task for me; and my girlfriend whom is on her eighth year playing violin was beginning to lose her patience.  However she still stood by my side and teaching me everything she could.  A few more weeks had gone by and I had become quite better.  My bowing had become much better still not perfect but getting much better along with learning a few more notes.   

                          I’ve been feeling a little weird lately, I’ve been starting to have horrible nightmares.  Suddenly I started having the same nightmare every night.  I’m in a hospital room, every door and window is jammed shut.  The room felt as if it was hotter than a volcano that had just erupted.  There is a…thing standing above me.  I was on the floor, I couldn’t move as if I was paralyzed from the waist down.  It kept laughing, he had a high pitched cackle, an ear splitting cackle.  His cheek bones were noticeably visible with two black decayed spherical wounds on each side of his face.  His head twitched from back and forth after each laughter.  When he raised his seemingly endless boney arms everything in my body started to break.  Each bone would crack as loud as someone crushing a head of lettuce.  My face started morphing into his, my reflection wasn’t me anymore.  My cheek bones were showing with the two same wounds on each cheek, now I was him. 

                          I now had awaken, my body was covered in sweat as if I had just ran a thirty yard dash.  I looked over to my phone to check the time and noticed it was just about time to rise.  Well I might as well get up I thought to myself, after all it’s not like I could sleep anymore even if I wanted to.  I knew my lady was coming over soon and I needed to get dressed.