sixteen

"Aren't you hungry?"

While the movie was still going on, Wonwoo asked which caused me to subconsciously say "huh?" as a sort of reply that I couldn't really process what he said as I was so drown in the movie.

"It's already afternoon and we've been here for a long time now, aren't you starving any bit?", I looked at him briefly before looking around. My forehead creased as I realized what he said was right.

As far as I remember, I think we've already watched three or four movies, all throughout it all I actually felt comfortable despite him just being beside me that I had a big chance to focus and understand most of the movies we watched.

I wasn't aware of the time either that it took me awhile to realize that it was already the afternoon. We didn't eat breakfast but just snacks and we passed on lunch. I don't know, maybe the movie's so good that I could even ignore my stomach.

"I don't know. Are you?"

"Yeah... actually.", I pursed my lips. The movie's too good that I even ignored him too.

"Then...", Then what? I thought for awhile but I don't have any idea on what we should do so that he could satisfy his hunger, and now that I'm into it too, I do am feeling a bit hungry as well.

"Should I just cook something for us?", He suggested which made me immediately grin.

"Yeah, sure."

"Alright. Just wait here for a minute.", He stood up as he fixed his shirt that was a bit crooked before walking pass by infront the center table.

I just stared at him walking from here to the kitchen. No thoughts, just him and how he walks casually, but I could really risk it all just to have the moment.

Should I like help him?

I was the one who let him starve and he's the one who's preparing everything.

I glanced at the laptop and just decided to watch that movie some other time. I stood up and went to the kitchen.

He looked confused when he saw me enter but I just smiled at him. "Can I help?"

"Aren't you going to finish the movie?", He briefly took a glance at the living room but raised his brow when he faced me. "Did you turn it off?"

"Yeah. I'll just watch it some other time."

"Oh..."

"What are you making by the way?", I walked closer to him across the table where he was prepping some ingredients on.

"Uhm... fried rice. I cooked rice earlier so...", I just nodded my head. There's probably a lot of rice left since we couldn't really eat breakfast because...of some reason...

I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE MYSELF! Did I really did that with Jeon Wonwoo?

I looked at him who was busy with the knife. I tried really hard to prevent myself from smiling that I just cleared my throat and tried to just shift my thoughts to what's happening right now.

"C—Can I help?", I asked and he looked up to face me. I just looked at him expectant as he was just staring. Does he..like.. doubt me? I swear I'm not bad at cooking but I'm not that good either...

He thrusts out his lower lip and uttered, "Sure. I don't see why not.", My whole mood immediately lit up from his agreement. He chuckled as I walked beside him.

"What should I do?"

"Uhmm...", He looked around the table and behind to the sink but his brows furrowed when he faced me back. "What should you do?..."

"Oh come on.", His brows unfurrowed as he smiles. "Trust me, I can do anything.", I lifted my chin up just to show him that I'm really confident. But by just looking at his smiling face, I really think he's in doubt.

"The last time you cooked, I don't even know if it was food.", I scoffed at his statement.

"That's absurd.", I frowned while he was so busy chuckling. I can cook, I swear. My parents even approved.

"I never meant to tell you, but it wasn't even close to real food."

"You're joking. I can cook, really."

"I thought you said you couldn't?"

My forehead creased. "What?"

"You told me you couldn't cook and your mom even told you you can't."

But my mom said I could...oh no...I should've agreed on him. This is a parallel world...but I thought this world existed because I wished for it? And I'm still me but in a different world?

I thought I'm completely the same as to this Y/N in this world.

"O—Oh right...", I didn't know what to say anymore. Why did I even try to contradict?

"Why are you forgetting things lately?"

I was flustered, but I tried to hide it. How can I not be flustered when he almost realized that I'm not the woman he used to be with? That I'm not entirely like the Y/N here.

"Uh...", I started but no words followed. I simply don't know what to say. I can't tell him the truth, but even if I do, I'm sure he won't even believe me. How can he when I'm still doubting my existence here too.

"You sure you're okay?", The beam he had subsided.

"Y—Yeah...", I contemplated for awhile if I should ask him or not. I'm not telling him the whole thing, but just something indirect. Should I?

"But...Wonwoo...", He raised his eyebrows. "I wanna ask something."

"What is it?"

"Do you believe in s—science fictions or like s—something relating to that?", I bit my upper lip as he pouted, probably processing what I asked.

"Why?"

"N—No reason...just...", I swallowed the lump that was forming on my throat as I was waiting for his answer.

"Well... fiction is literally described as a thing that's created from the imagination, so... I don't think I believe in such, like science fictions."

"Oh..."

This will be hard. I mean for a person as intelligent as him, how can I convince him to believe my nonsense that sort of make sense...well...for me, yes, it makes perfect sense but for him... I could just imagine another world that probably won't exist that has him that will believe me.