✴️💜Prologue💜✴️

<??? POV>

I heard a voice it's so kind and gentle yet behind it so cold, commanding, and emotionless. It made me uncomfortable.

"Protect.... Tree... Balance... Dream..." The voice said.

As I woke up, I notice that am all bones, no skin or muscles. I was suddenly feel like I was struck by lightning as memories that are familiar yet not. It seems like am dream from dreamtale, but the difference was that am older? A swap version of dream was my guess, but I never remember that there's a swap version in dreamtale.

As I stand up, I took a look at my surrounding. There's a tree that has golden apples on the right side and on the left side where the black apples are, there's also a temple here. It seems like I woke up next to the golden apple side. I heard someone waking up.

Noticing a skeleton next to me the difference was he was a little smaller than me and his outfit are purple, while mine is blue. The skeleton is from the black apples side of the tree. Drawing a conclusion it's nightmare, guessing that this nightmare is my younger brother.

Nightmare woke up and look around, when our eyes meet. I took the initiative to talk.

"Hello my name is Dream! Am the guardian of positivity, that and also protect the golden apple. What's your name?" I introduce myself and my role, as well as ask who nightmare is because I don't want to creep him, just by knowing his name when he didn't introduce himself.

"Hi... My name is nightmare.... Guardian of negativity and the black apples?... Sorry..." Nightmare apologies to me.

"No!, It's alright really no need to apologise. Negativity isn't all mean and all, and it's needed to help balance, like how the light need the dark and how the dark need the light. Two can't exists without the other. So it's ok really! I as your self-proclaim Big Brother will take care of you for now on!" I explain and chirp.

"Oh... I see.... So... Your my big brother now?...." Nightmare shyly asked.

"Un! As your Big Brother, I will Protect you from those to harm you! I will give you my Word and my Promise to you!" I agree and swear for my life to protect nightmare from the villagers. Unnoticed by Dream that in the future, he failed to protect nightmare and became an enemy, but that is the future dream problem not the present dream.

As I gave my Word and promise to nightmare, we decided to chat to each other. After chatting with each other, we decided to play around the tree. As we are playing around we got exhausted, and decided to sleep, going to the respective side we both slept.

[Time skip for 3 years]

It's been a years since I've become dream. I notice that my past memories are slipping, I tried to remember anything important but knowing it will fail decided to write in a journey secretly on those I remember. (A/N: it's on after a year of becoming dream)

As I finish on my journal, decided to go to my brother. As I walk to nightmare I notice someone is coming to the tree. Quickly went to the tree and on guard. Nightmare whose been on the tree notice me went quickly and tense, quickly guarded himself.

"Moonbeam, there's someone coming over here" I told Nightmare. Moonbeam is nightmare Nickname, mine is Sunlight. It's was decided last year that we get to create nicknames to each other. Nightmare got Moonbeam for whenever there is darkness, there is always the moon to look after anyone or everyone in the dark, mine is Sunlight, or sometimes dreamy for whenever if someone hate the dark the sun will help to shine and welcome all.

As someone gets closer we notice it's a group mix of humans and monsters. It seems like they notice us, and went to us. I quickly drew the arrow and nightmare prepared his sword in hand.