trails of evidence

"fal" he warned in a low tone.

"what?" she asked back innocently, moving her face closer to his and placing her hands low on his hips.

"deep breaths" he sighed and she rolled her eyes.

"liammmm" she whined, breaking eye contact but he groaned her chin and tilted her face back to him.

"hey listen to me. you can't just kill someone because they are being annoying ok? that's.... not nice." he reasoned and she smirked.

"what kind of killing is nice?" she laughed and he shook his head.

"exactly my point" he laughed and she pouted.

"i was just kidding anyway" she shrugged and he raised an eyebrow.

"mhm ok sure fal" he replied and she smirked at him as he wrapped his hands around her neck and pulled her in.

"liam?" came a voice from behind them. liam pulled away from the kiss quickly and turned around.

"sorry liam is not taking questions at the moment. come back later." fallon frowned as liam smiled back at her.

steven smiled back at liam and then walked up to him.

"i think i may have found something" steven announced to fallon and liam who tilted their heads.

"what did you find?" fallon asked, trying not to seem too nervous about anything.

"i was in blake's office. just looking around and grieving, and i looked down at his chair and there were nail clippings." steven said and fallon shrugged.

"andddd?" she prompted and steven took a step closer to them.

"well the day before blake was killed the cleaning staff cleaned his whole office. i checked with the maid and she said she cleaned early on that night and then headed home." steven continued.

"keep going" liam said and steven began to talk with his hands. fallon concealed a small laugh at his habit.

"well this means that whoever went in the office after the cleaning lady, ultimately the one who killed him, was leaving nail clippings around." steven finished and liam nodded.

fallon felt her heart jolt as she tried to keep a straight face.

liam immediately froze.

fallons habit of biting her nails.

"oh shit you're right" fallon piped up, trying to cover liams nervousness.

"well what now?" fallon asked and steven shrugged.

"maybe i can get them DNA tested in the morning. i'm going to leave them there for now though. police say never to touch evidence" he shrugged and fallon smiled, trying to turn liam around and walk him into their room.

"i have to get this one to bed he umm is having um a problem" fallon stuttered and steven shot her a confused look.

"what kind of problem?" steven asked, looking concerned.

"ummm nothing" fallon said quickly, improvising as she stood in front of liam, blocking him from steven's sight.

"is he ok?" steven asked looking around fallon.

"he's... he is- he's um hard." fallon mumbled and liam whispered a "hey!" into her ear but she elbowed him.

"oh" steven replied trying to conceal a laugh.

"ok bye now" fallon said quickly and raced into their bedroom with liam.

"fallon!" he yelled as they walked in.

"i am not hard!" he defended and she shook her head, pacing the room.

"i know! shit! i panicked when you weren't moving" she explained.

"well can you blame me?" he threw his hands in the air and she shook her head.

"fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" she whisper screamed to herself as she held her head in her hands.

"it's gonna be fine fal" he assured her,

"how could it be ok? my DNA is all over that chair!" she shot back and he shrugged.

"what if we just took the nail clippings?" he proposed and she shook her head.

"something would still be left on the chair" she sighed and he did too.

"by the way i hope this is a lesson that you need to stop biting your nails" he added.

"oh shut it" she huffed, still pacing the room, looking tired.

"what if we steal the whole chair?" she asked and liam gave her a skeptical look.

"fallon that's insane" he answered.

"more insane than murder?" she replied and he seemed to think about it for a second.

"come on liam help me out here! they can match that DNA to mine in seconds!" she yelled a little too loud.

"hey hey hey shhhh" he tried to calm her down by grabbing onto her shoulder and rubbing them back and forth slowly. hoping to relax her somewhat.

"fuck" she muttered once again under her breath.

"they wont find anything fal i swear" he began to rub the back of her hair as her breathing slowed down.

"how?" she asked, pouting at him.

"i guess we will have to burn that chair to the ground" he joked and she laughed lightly into his shoulder.

"liam what if they find out?" she asked.

it was the first time he'd heard her doubt herself about this. it was scary. she had seemed so confident, he was convinced she had it all together.

"i won't let them" he replied.

he wouldn't let them. he was telling the truth. and over his dead body would anybody ever find out the truth.