the whore and the ex wife

"wait you knew?" steven asked standing up, his eyes going from cristal to alexis.

"i chose not to accept it, but ultimately, yes i knew" cristal replied seemingly unamused by the subject. fallon smiled with her mouth hanging slightly open, her eyes going back and forth from cristal to alexis in shock.

alexis's eyes widened slowly as she began laughing,

"how could you have known? you didn't know." she shot back at cristal who gave her a menacing death stare. the detective wrote aggressively into her notepad, capturing almost every word that had been spoken.

"hold on you're telling me that two gold diggers were fucking the same man? it really is a small world." fallon teased as liam placed his arms around her waist and pulled her in softly.

"you couldn't have known cristal because the only day we did it in the manor while you were not gone was..." alexis's voice suddenly trailed off as she looked to her lap.

"was when?" the detective asked looking up from her papers finally.

"was yesterday" alexis's replied softly stealing glances to cristals face. her cheeks grew redder bu the second and she tucked her hair behind her ear. she shifted uncomfortably before closing her eyes for a second. like she was gaining the courage to speak.

"she's right. i did see blake and alexis yesterday" she said finally to which sammy jo's jaw dropped and her sat back, leaning against his chair. fallon heard liam hitch his breath as cristals eyes shifted around the room.

"cristal, did you kill mr carrington yesterday out of anger because of his affair?" the detective asked looking up at her with worried eyes.

"no! i didn't. i went into his office later that day, to speak to him about the wedding and finalizing plans. but i never mentioned the affair because i wanted to keep the face for fallon and liams big day" she explained, moving her hands along with the story. whenever she was passionate or excited or worked up about something she told the story with her hands, and blake had often mocked her for it.

"oh ya that's a believable story, wife finds out about affair and doesn't want revenge" alexis retorted as cristal shot her a death look. fallon rolled her eyes at the two women.

"i believe her" sammy jo pipped up suddenly standing up and placing his hands on cristals shoulders.

"cristal is a good person. she isn't capable of murder. even when she's mad" he continued as steven smiled softly at his bravery. steven loved that most about sammy jo. he said what he needed to say when he needed to say it, but never randomly. when he was passionate about something, you knew it was important to him because his defended it like it was his job.

"well good person is a stretch but i believe her too" fallon said, gaining surprised looks from the whole room. she shrugged it off, raising her eyebrows at everyone.

"i'm sorry did you just, agree with me?" cristal asked seeming suddenly very giddy to have fallon on her side too.

"i didn't want to but yes. alexis wants money more then you want love. and her being taken out of the will is more of an alabi then you could ever have" fallon reasoned as hawke copied that down word for word furiously. alexis rolled her eyes at fallon,

"wow, thank you fallon" cristal commented smiling at fallon who backed away from her.

"ooo i wanna take it back now" she joked under her breath to which liam laughed at her, lacing his fingers through hers and pulling her in close once again.

"now steven, would you say your mother is driven by money?" hawke looked up at steven, catching him off guard.

"well no. not dominantly driven by money. i guess it factors into some of her decisions, but ultimately i don't think she makes them based on money" fallon rolled her eyes heavily as alexis smiled smugly. hawke nodded along as steven talked, moving her pen quickly across the pages.

"and who here knew about the deal with van kirk that blake was supposed to sign off on today?" hawke asked again and steven raised his hand. only steven raised his hand. he looked around and seemed shocked to see his hand being the only raised.

"hold on, only you and daddy knew the details?" fallon suddenly perked up.

"that's what it looks like. he told me the other night when he called me into his office" steven replied squinting one eye.

"so only you two knew everything about this deal?" hawke asked.

"well yes but-"

"and did you know he was going to loose money through this deal?" she asked again, clearly intimidating him.

"i guess so yes i knew but-"

"good to know" she finished clicking her pen and flipping the page of her notebook.

hi guys! sorry for the long update! i hope everyone had a great holiday season and hope you have a great 2021!!