Dying

Miss Minchin stayed on that corner, her will to live gone, her guilt aplenty, how long she stayed there, she was unaware. The unbearable pain of her stomach now a throbbing dull ache. My insides are gone, that's for sure. She almost smiled at the thought, her witty humor, why did it leave her? I let pain, jealousy, and greed turn me into a monster. She thought, and acknowledged that truth, she became a cruel bully, she became what she hated. Her eyes could no longer shed tears. She heard that voice of her conscience again. Ask for forgiveness Amelia.

And with a heart full of remorse and pain, she prayed for forgiveness. She even found it in her heart to thank God for not letting her succeed in ruining Sarah's spirit. She prayed, and felt her burdens leave her. And so did the last remnants of her strength. She felt weightless, no cold, no hunger, and she for a moment she felt panicked. Follow the light Amelia. She saw a beautiful ray of light glittering like a thousand diamonds spilling down from the sky. She was surprised in her ability to fly, but that was in a split second, and the surprise was gone, she didn't think, her usual logical skepticism was gone replaced with a childish joy, her spirit answering the call of that glorious light.