Chapter Sixteen

Winter

I was standing in the bathroom against the wall. Michael was still standing there deep in his spiral trance. My breathing was heavy and my heart was beating fast. I couldn't think about what to do because I never thought I would be in this situation.

"Michael? Its Me." I said as I eased up off the wall. He still never moved, he was a complete statue. I eased up and walked real slow.

"Michael?" I said walking up to him. As I walked closer to him, he kept twitching his neck. I reached up to him and touched his face. As soon as I touched him, he never moved. Then I thought about it for a second. I took a pair of small scissors and was about to cut my hand.

"Nooo!!! Don't do that!" Michael screamed. I jumped back and dropped the scissors. I grasped my hands on my chest, my breathing at a high pace. "You scared me, Michael! Geez!' I yelled.

"I'm so sorry Winter!" He said. "Why were you standing like that?" I asked.

"I really don't know. I think the blood had run its course. It was pure but I don't think that it will do that every time." He said.

"So that was the final feed to be yourself?" I asked.  "No there will be more feedings but in a much lesser state then I was in a few minutes ago. What were you thinking with them scissors?" He snapped.

"Well-- I um.. actually, I wanted to snap you out of it. So I thought that.." I couldn't finish. I let my head hang low. I was ashamed because the longest that I was staring at him look like that, I wanted to get him out of it but I see how dangerous that is.

"That would have been too dangerous, Winter. I sensed danger before the full effect but I'm getting better by the minute. Just promise me something." He said.

I couldn't really speak. I feel like I am in danger but when he is himself, I feel more comfortable. I was so lost in my thinking when I felt his cold hand touch my cheek.

"Winter?" He said. "Yes?" I said.

"Can you promise me that you won't put yourself in any danger?" He asked me. "I promise. I just thought that I could let you smell me but it was scary too." I said.

"Listen, I will always smell your blood flowing through your body but I could never allow you to hurt yourself to help me." He said.

Looking back in his eyes, they returned to their brown original color. I touched his hand against mine and then I closed my eyes.

I couldn't help it no longer than I could but after a few minutes I opened my eyes. "Michael, you got hungry but when you left, I got deeper in your journal. But I wanted to ask how long was it when you lost your wife?" I asked.

"I just don't know. Because when I last seen her, I was taken by the royal family. I always wanted to see if they were in France but I don't really know how I want to do it." He said.

"Have you traveled since before they put you in that trap?" I asked. "No. But I have to go back there to get a few things." He said.

"But Eric has some of those things and the creepy guy." I said. "That's only part of it. But do you wanna go with me? Back to Moscow?" He said.

"Sure I would but do you think that you will be Okay?" I asked. "Yeah we just travel when the sun starts to fall. I was able to catch a glimpse of a train station on the way here. That was more than a underground room." He said. "What do you mean?"

"Let's go back downstairs and I'll just have to explain from the beginning. Or just fill in some of the details that you might have missed." He said as he grabbed my arm and we walked out the the bathroom, down the stairs and into the living room.