Chapter 8:

Ava sat on the couch at Sam's house as Emily hands her a cup of tea. Ava was out of it, she just kept thinking about Laurent's hands on her throat. 

After Paul had dropped her off she had woken up scared and it took Emily a while to calm her down.

"Can I get you anything else sweetie?" She asks but Ava blinks more tears down.

"Paul, I want Paul." She says after a while and Emily smiles sadly. Paul had dropped her off and asked Emily to watch her while he dealt with the whole Bella and Jacob situation.

"He'll be back soon okay honey." She says but Ava simply sits there staring at her cup.

She felt like she wasn't herself anymore since she was the kind of person who could brush stuff like this off. She had done it before but ever since Paul came into her life her emotions started to show more and more and when Bella left her there to fend for herself even after Ava risked her life for her, well it just broke her almost completely.

After a while Paul walked in with the rest of them and Jacob. When he saw her he froze, he had treated her like shit so facing her now was going to be hard.

Paul went straight to her and touched her hand, she looked up and when she saw him the tears fell once more and Paul pulled her into his arms letting her cry into his shoulder.

She was an emotional mess and no one but Jacob had seen her like that so it was a shock. Paul just ran his fingers through her damp hair as he whispered words of reassurance in her ear.

"Yes chief Swan I have Ava here and she is going to be okay." Says Sam on the phone in the kitchen.

"I'll bring her over in a little bit, yes I understand I'll make sure she gets home safe." He says then hangs up. He walks into the living room and sees that she has fallen asleep in Paul's arms.

"Is she okay?" He asks and Paul nods his head.

"She will be."

"I told her dad I would take her home, he's really worried." Says Sam letting Paul know he wouldn't be the one to take her home and although he didn't like it since he couldn't bare the thought of leaving her in this state he knew Charlie would feel better about Sam taking her home.

"Okay I'll put her in the truck." He says and then carefully picks Ava up before carrying her out and into Sam's truck.

--------------------

Charlie paced at home, he had left for the station until he learned that Bella had taken her sister to the woods and left without her. 

He was livid, and wasn't speaking to Bella at the moment. He wanted to be out there hunting for those things that scared his girls but he was just too worried about Ava to leave the house before making sure she was okay. 

Then he heard a truck pull in and quickly made his way outside to find Ava walking towards the house with Sam by her side making sure she got home safely.

"Ava." He says but she just walks passed him and then goes into the house.

"She got pretty shaken up." Says Sam and Charlie nods before thanking Sam and then heading into the house to check on Ava.

"Ava." He says knocking on her door but there is no answer. He opens the door and sees her lying down, he sighs before closing the door again.

------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Hello my beautiful beings! I hope you all had a wonderful day. Thank you for reading this weeks chapter and make sure to come back next Thursday to see what happens to Bella and Ava's already broken sibling relationship.