Chapter 1- Riley Sullivan

My name is Riley and you probably don't know me, even if you do you will probably know me as, 'the pathetic 10th grader, loser, or some terrible name that I am not permitted to say.' I am the loser dork dweeb and victim of the 10th grade here at West View High School. My friends turned against me, revealed all my secrets to the world, and have bullied me ever since the beginning of 10th grade. For all of the year, I've had to hide in the bathrooms, behind people, and behind trash cans anytime I see them, the bullies. My home isn't even a safe place, my two brothers, Jackson and Mathew torment me on how skinny, weak, and pathetic I am. My dad really leaves us alone and has ever since my mom left. I thought my mom loved me, I thought she cared about me, I was wrong. On August 21, the first day of eighth grade she left without saying goodbye. She moved to New York City and has only sent one letter explaining herself. She remarried a guy name Dan Andrews and had a kid with him. Just the thought of her living with someone else, with another kid, without me makes me feel unloved, unwanted, that's just what I am. What everyone says I am. You know the saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me?" That saying couldn't be more wrong. Words can beat you up, tear you down, and break your identity. At first, I thought I could handle the words, I thought I could control them, I couldn't have been more wrong...