Chapter 10

Rayleigh

I was extremely happy. Like really happy. Not only was today my day, but it was Saturday and waking up at 12:32 was great. I loved life right now. I walked to the bathroom and washed up while looking at the terrible knotted mess that became my hair. Another advantage about the weekend, I didn't need to spend countless time trying to put makeup on or find the right clothes. I could easily stay in my soft fuzzy hello kitty pajamas and an old band tee shirt that used to be my dads and watch Netflix and eat junk food. Weekends were the best. I redid the messy bun in my hair and went downstairs to start my Netflix day marathon. I walked downstairs and opened the fridge and cabinets pulling out every junk food that came into view and and took the armful to the island in the middle of the kitchen. When I scattered the variety of snacks like little Debbie's brownies and chocolate chip cookies and little cupcakes across the the counter I saw a pink piece of paper and picked it up to see my mothers hand writing.

'Dear Ray,

Your dad left for a business trip early this morning and I took Laila to Melinda's and went out for the day, be safe and don't set the house on fire as an excuse to move please.'

At the bottom she signed it and put a countdown with a little heart that said '10 days til the big day' I looked at the calendar and saw that it was 10 days until my 17th birthday. I smiled and little bit and took the sweets upstairs into my parents room and immediately went for Netflix on their tv in their room. I went for the scary movies and clicked a random one as it started playing. I opened one of the brownies and broke off half and started eating it as the credits rolled up onto the screen. It was a strange movie and it honestly creeped me out a little bit so I exited the movie and decided to pick a different one. It was as I was scrolling through Netflix trying to pick a movie to re-watch that I realize just how sad and boring my life was. Here I was a 16 year old girl re watching a crappy scary movie when other normal teenagers would be going to the mall or doing something other than what I'm doing which was down right lazy. I wonder of Kellin was out with his friends or even Sam having some sort of teenage fun like roller skating? Stop it Ray! Stop it stop it! Although I really wanted to go roller skating. The house actually looked like it needed cleaning and I wanted to at least do something productive. I moved all the snacks off my bed onto my dresser and turned off the tv.

I actually made the effort to get up out of bed and put on a tank top and yoga shorts and put my hair in a messy bun considering that I'll be doing quite the multi-tasking job of sweeping and dancing to songs. I grabbed my phone off my charger and walked down the stairs plugging it into my dock blasting a song while I started on the dishes shaking my hips and putting them away from the dishwasher. This was easy! I could so finish this! Positive attitude 101 with Rayleigh Ann Matthews. I closed the dishwasher with my foot grabbing the broom out of the closet and started sweeping while singing.

"I feel like dancing tonight!!" I sang as I moved the broom around the kitchen. "I'm gonna party like its my civil right!" I continued singing into the top of the broom smiling.

The second verse and I smiled more as I sang louder. "Everybody getting kinda crunk!"

"RAYYYY!!" I heard I spun around screaming and saw Kellin holding Laila's hand and Melinda's hand smirking.

'I think some dude just grabbed my junk, now I know how Kesha must be feeling'

I blushed furiously and dropped the broom on the ground covering my face. Not only was I not wearing makeup and wearing inappropriate clothing with my hair in a messy bun. My glasses were slightly foggy the steam of the dishwasher as I grabbed them from the counter placing them on my face.