Chapter 15

Rayleigh

Spring break has officially ended and I now found myself standing in front of the mirror prepared to face the torturous day of school. Honestly the only thing I practically looked forward too was driving my new car because let's face it, who wouldn't be excited to drive their new car. Easter came and went, which we spent it setting up an Easter egg hunt for Laila and making a family dinner and having dad surprise us by coming home that night. It was honestly the best part of my spring break besides my birthday. For the first time as I looked in the mirror I saw a little glow to my face. I pulled my hair back from my face into a pony tail and had a natural makeup look on along with my glasses. I looked down at my black skinny jeans and white long sleeve v-neck and smiled. I felt better about myself and I had a feeling that Kellin contributed to it. I pulled the sleeves down exiting the bathroom and skipped downstairs with at least ten minutes to spare before I had to make my way to school. I grabbed an apple and took a bite out of it scrolling through my phone until the doorbell rang pulling me out of the device as I walked to the door with a half eaten apple in my hand. I opened the door and smiled at my boyfriend while pulling him in for a kiss.

"Mmmm apples and mint." He whispered kissing me again. He pulled away taking the apple from my hands and continued eating it.

"Oh don't worry I was only eating that." I said sarcastically swinging my bag over my shoulder grabbing my keys pulling him out the door by his book bag.

"I would say something but I have nothing to say and I'm mad about that." He said pouting in the passenger side of my car. I smirked before starting my car and driving off to school. The whole five minute drive there, Kellin was messing with the radio trying to find a decent station but groaned and ended up taking my phone and plugged it in.

"Partition by Beyoncé? Really Ray? Beyoncé?" I gasped and squinted my eyes at him.

"Beyoncé is awesome sauce and for that we will listen to it." I said clicking on the song. It was the full song so it had the rap and everything as I rapped along to it and smiled and shook my shoulders side to side with the beat as he tried not to laugh.

"I sneezed on the beat and the beat got sicker! Yoncé all in his mouth like liquor. Like, like liquor, like, like, like liquor!" I said looking at Kellin whose face was red from holding his laughter in.

"Go right ahead let me have it. I like Beyoncé gimme a break." I said rolling my eyes. He bursting out laughing and leaned forwards while hiding his face with his shoulders shaking.

"You're ridiculous but that it the absolute most adorable thing I have ever seen you do!" He said his face turning beat red from laughing so hard.

Even as we walked through the halls holding hands he laughed. I stopped in front of the chemistry room and crossed my arms.

"Are you done?" I said leaning my shoulder against the lockers with my books held close to my chest. He held up his finger and took a couple of deep breaths composing himself and wiping invisible tears.

"That was great I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I think I developed abs." He said covering his cheeks with his hands. I rolled my eyes as the bell rang and I pecked his lips before going straight into class. I took my seat next to Ryan who turned to me with a small smile on his face.

"So I was thinking..." He paused taking a deep breath probably thinking about what he was going to say. I was hoping that he wasn't going to bring anything about us being together up. That makes me sound like a total bitch doesn't it? I didn't mean it that way I just thought we'd be better off as friends and just friends.

"I mean I like you and all, but more as a friend than a girlfriend, ya know? I just think we'd be better friends than a couple." He said. I nodded slowly and faced him.