//Chapter 1//

Bondita and Aniruddha have come a long way. Bondita is no more that little girl who used to hop around the whole haveli keeping everyone on their toes. She has grown up to be a beautiful woman. Moreover, she is a barrister now. The first female barrister of Calcutta. On the other hand Aniruddha is still the same with the same kranti ki jwala running in his veins. Whereas now Bondita has also joined him in this journey. 

On the personal front also, they encountered a lot of ups and downs. Earlier Aniruddha was all angst against her but with time her toothy grin just made way in his heart. He couldn't stop himself to fall for that innocence. He used to maintain a prominent distance from her but now his day doesn't end without seeing her. 

He still remembers how her fascination for sweets specifically roshogulle led to the formation of this friendship. Every night after dinner, she started bringing 4 roshogulle in his study. 2 for each! She has made that very clear. After settling herself on the couch, she used to start narrating about her day. She used to speak and he used to listen. But with time he also started losing his inhibition and sharing about his day. He used to get all astonished seeing her react so maturely. He started feeling at peace after a long time and since then it has been a ritual. If sometimes roshogulle couldn't manage to make a presence, their smiles always managed to. On bad days also she used to come in his study, sit for a while in silence and then leave for her room. Without any conversation also, it was never awkward with her. She provided him with solace. 

But today for the very first time Bondita didn't spend a single minute with him. It's 12midnight and still she was in his study with her colleague, Raghuveer, discussing about the upcoming case hearing. He was very proud of her to reach such a level and respects for that but she can manage to take out few minutes for him right? Aniruddha pondered while pacing in their room. 

Yeah, they started sharing the room after her period kicked in. He was against it and he even convinced kaka for the same but one day he heard some lady accusing Bondita for her beauty. Shayad tere pati babu ko tu sundar nhi lagti, isliye to tujhe apne kamre me aane se mana karte hai. Patni ka darja kabhi nhi milega tujhe. Tu is ghar ki bas naukrani ban ke rahegi. He was about to go and give her some peace of mind, but before that kaka stopped him and made him understand about how society works. Ek aurat ko to chup kara loge lekin baaki ka kya? Sabko ja ja kar samjhaoge? Ghar ki kuch baatein ghar me rahe to hi accha hai. Har cheez ka dhindhora peetne ki koi zarurat nhi hai. Aur vaise bhi hum to samajh rahe na tumhari baat. Ek kamre me sath rehne me takleef kya hai? Hum kuch karne ko thodi keh rahe hai! Us band darwaze ke peeche tum kuch bhi karo kisi ko koi fark nhi padhta. Sabko bas vo band darwaza dekhna hai. He understood what kaka meant and hence he took such a decision. But still they haven't had any relation of pati patni. 

However he can't deny his changing feelings towards his wife. She was a very beautiful lady with almond shaped eyes, that reflects her purity. A button nose that gets all red when she's angry or whenever she cries. Those thin yet plump lips.  And those have been creating a havoc inside him! The sudden and untimely urge to taste them, leaves him all flustered and guilty. Since they have been staying together for a very long time and he was bound to get physically attracted, but more than that he was emotionally and intellectually attracted. People have stayed with and provided him with support, but the peace and warmth she brings, no one ever has. The determination whenever she speaks something has only made him more stronger and stable. She was his knight in shining armour. 

But right now he wants to see his wife. Else he'll lose his mind. Finally after contemplating a lot, he decided to visit his study. 

"Chalo akhirakaar khatm hua ye! Ab to mujhe pura yakeen hai ki  ye case hum hi jeetenge." Bondita said with a smile and relief on her face. She has worked really hard and she will make sure that the guilty gets the required punishment. She was grateful to her Pati Babu, because of whom she is able to take a stand and provide justice to people. She is very much satisfied with herself and her work. Now she only needs a little satisfaction from him. She has finally decided to confess about her feelings and that too tomorrow. The day of their marriage anniversary. She got married when she was 10 and now she has completed 15 years with him. And still she hasn't lived a life of a wife. She knows he craves for her, and she'll make sure they unite without any apprehensions. She thought with a smile.