Chapter 3

The alarm went off about 7 a.m. the next morning, and Neil struggled to wake up as predicted. I, on the other hand, stayed up all night preparing for this dreadful test in two days. I'm debating if I should go wake Neil up or let him sleep for another 5 minutes before kicking his a$$. This job was already difficult for him to find, particularly because all of the other places he tried out for an interview were unsafe. The café he works at right now is right next to our place, and I trust him enough to let him go there on his own. It gets complicated when he comes home intoxicated, but most of the time he gets dropped home by his coworkers, so I don't mind.

"Wake your a$$ up, I told you not to come home intoxicated for one reason and one reason only."

Neil pulled his face into his pillow and shielded his ears with his fingertips, saying, "5 more minutes."

"Get up, before I pull you by your hair," Adam said as he yanked Neil's legs out of bed and shoved him into the shower, "you're such a light drinker holy shit, go sober up and get ready for work."

"How does this dumbass go to sleep drunk and not die?"

"I CAN HEAR YOU, YOU KNOW"

I dropped Neil off at work shortly after he had freshened up, then went on my way to my class. I was so preoccupied with my homework and getting Neil up that I completely forgot I had an early 9 AM lesson. Not that I minded if I was late, but I needed to step up my game because my grades had not been great this month.

When I reached the lecture hall, I became conscious of the unsettling atmosphere. Everyone was looking at me and going back and forth about things I have no idea about.

"Good morning, Adam, it appears that someone did not get enough sleep."

Huh? How does Professor Alexandra still find time to speak to me.... like.... just do your work? I wondered. It's not appropriate to start up a conversation with every single person who comes into the room, but she seems to prefer picking on me at this point.

"Yeah, you're right prof, I was actually awake all night trying to work on this assignment you gave us," I said as I took the assignment out of my bag and started flinging it in the air. That stupid assignment I should say.

I had the impression that Professor Alexandra was uninterested in what she taught us, and that most of the time when she spoke to us, she had no idea what she was saying.

She'd always talk about love, and how she wanted us to learn more in her classes but her eyes screamed "I want to go home already!"

Anyway, thanks to her little comment, I think I know why everyone was staring at me: I look like one of the cast members from The Walking Dead, my dark circles are out of control, my hair is a mess, and these kids still think I suck blood for a living. But none of that bothers me; all I want is to pass this class, graduate, and get out of here.

I made it to my exam on time today, but the day passed by incredibly slowly, and I hated every minute of it. Realistically, I knew how bad I did on this test, so I told myself it was best not to worry about it.

As this semester is coming to an end, Neil and his team decided to treat all the last years out after class today. It usually gets chilly during this time of the year and to be quite frank I never have the motivation to go out with anyone either. But, I've never missed any event specifically hosted by Neil so I know I'd have to manage my time again. All of the food and drinks are on Neil, and fortunately it's near our house because it's where he works.